Roam like home

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Roam like home

cant activate roam like home right now in the U.S. I have it turned on my I phone but it won't turn on. It says no network at the top. I have enrolled while in canada

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Roam like home

Hello @Camfam14,

I am sorry to hear about the issue you are having using the service in the U.S. If you have already activated the service and it is showing "no network", please try turning on Airplane Mode and then turn it off again (When you click Settings, Airplane Mode should be the first setting you see). If this does not work either, please turn your phone completely off, take out the sim, put it back in and turn your phone back on. 

Please let us know if this works 🙂 

Thanks,

RogersHassam 

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

No Network - Wouldn't be Roam Like Home Issue. As that is a billing feature that prevents any user from getting pay per use roaming charges.
You however have a no signal issue.

Along with what @RogersHassam stated...
Make sure you don't have "roaming" off.
and you can always go to network settings and select network operators manually - It should be on Auto. If you select "rogers only" or a lower tier of network that current geographical location does not have - you will get no network as well.
Keep it on Auto and Roaming on the ON switch.

Hope this additional info helps 🙂 - Definitely recommend the quick fix @RogersHassam mentioned first.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi,

I called Rogers about a week ago to make sure my 'Roam like home' would work during my trip to the US and after I gave all the details about it, such as: duration of the trip and location, the representative told me not to worry because my phone was already enrolled with the service, that I could go and it would work automatically.

I arrived in the US on Thursday night (November 12th, 2015) and surprise, surprise, no signal or conecction whatsover. I was lucky that I was at the BDL Airport and it had free Wi-Fi, so I go on the Live Chat to try to figure out what is happening and the first representative tells me that: "Our services are not guaranteed to work" and then, of course, asks me if I would like to be transferred to the 'Tech Department' to see if they could fix my phone and, of course, after more than 10 minutes waiting I gave up as I had to wait a while for the first one to 'help me'. Also my husband called and got a message saying 'Your Roam like home is already activated'.

So, I was lucky I did not decide to go somewhere further away, hotel had Wi-Fi and Waze worked offline, otherwise, I would probably be in giant trouble. Do not rely on 'Roam like home', because as I was told "Our services are not guaranteed to work". Good job Rogers.

Jacqueline

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@Jacaki

Welcome to the Community Forums 🙂

Unless you were travelling to an area where there is no coverage from our partner networks, you should have been able to connect and use the Roam Like Home service.

There are some great points shared above from @RogersHassam and @ShakTiburon narrowing down what could have been preventing you from using your device.

Can you try to verify what they have suggested and see if those could have been the reasons it wasn't working?

RogersMay