Ridiculous Charge for online copies of bills!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ridiculous Charge for online copies of bills!

Rogers is charging me $75.00 for 5 copies of my bills for 2013! No other service providers did this...Only Rogers. Robbery and insane!!!

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Ridiculous Charge for online copies of bills!

Hello adsunshune44,

I can confirm that the cost of reprinting an invoice is 15$ per copy.

They work on the premis that they have sent you one already in the mail, or it was available via Rogers.com through your profile up to 18 months (provided that you have been registered and enrolled for the past 18 months) where you would have been able to print one off for your own file keeping. There are some exceptions if you were on online billing longer than 18 months and you needed access to ones prior to the current 18 month but you would have to contact in directly since I'm not 100% certain on that one.

The new pricing came into effect April 24 2014, the same date that the restoral fee from being suspended went from 25$ o 35$. Their official statement on the change was; to encourage customers to go paperless and choose online billing. Since in 2012, the number of customers who switched to online billing reduced the use of about 3.5 million pounds of paper.

Not sure about the numbers but that's as far as I know about it.

Hope this helps. 🙂

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello adsunshine44

Are you sure it's not anything else they are charging you?... That makes little to no sense at all. I would contact Rogers asap via their Live Chat, Facebook or Twitter @RogersHelps and see what's going on.

Also I would contact Rogers via the phone and see as well. If it's a charge that they charged u $75 for paper invoices, that is wrong and should be removed immediately.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I contacted Rogers via Chat because they only allow me to go back as far as December 2013 for my bills. When I asked how could I access them, I was told that it is $15.00 per copy! I lost files for my business for a certain time frame and need to reprint. I went online at all my other suppliers and accessed copies with no problem. Can you believe that! $75.00 for copies that I have to pay for when they should be accessed online. He said there is nothing he can do and that is the charge!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Helo adsunshine44

That sounds like a incorrect charge. Rogers should have never charger you for that and if they did they should have said it or at least reverse the charge.

Contact Rogers via calling them, Facebook or Twitter @RogersHelps and see what they can do. Explain your situation and if nothing happens with a normal CSR, escalate it to someone higher.
Highlighted

Hello adsunshune44,

I can confirm that the cost of reprinting an invoice is 15$ per copy.

They work on the premis that they have sent you one already in the mail, or it was available via Rogers.com through your profile up to 18 months (provided that you have been registered and enrolled for the past 18 months) where you would have been able to print one off for your own file keeping. There are some exceptions if you were on online billing longer than 18 months and you needed access to ones prior to the current 18 month but you would have to contact in directly since I'm not 100% certain on that one.

The new pricing came into effect April 24 2014, the same date that the restoral fee from being suspended went from 25$ o 35$. Their official statement on the change was; to encourage customers to go paperless and choose online billing. Since in 2012, the number of customers who switched to online billing reduced the use of about 3.5 million pounds of paper.

Not sure about the numbers but that's as far as I know about it.

Hope this helps. 🙂

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Micolas

I do find it very ridiculous that they need to charge you for that. No company even with Bell ( i have a cellphone line with them as well) did they ever charge me for asking for invoices for 2011 when i needed them and i asked them last year for this.

Again the price for print a copy, get a postage and paper is nothing compare to getting charged that much. Rogers does it bulk and everyone knows it. Either way if this is true because i have never read it anywhere nor in my bills ( unless you or Rogers can prove otherwise) the charge is invalid and hopefully the OP doesn't have to pay. If i were the OP, i would take it the a higher level in Rogers to deal with it as we all know normal customer service reps can't do much and most managers at times don't do much either
Highlighted

Hello Meowmix

I'm definitely not stating that the production cost for a reprint is 15$, definitely not. I was just saying that is what they do charge.

I don't defend Rogers on either of the pricings, either for the paper fee or the reprint fee. I disagree with them both, but this is what they will say and is, to my knowledge, their official standpoints/statements on this issue.

You seem to be under the impression that I'm defending them on this, which is not the case.

I'm more or less making a point to provide all the information in regards to the issue. The above affirmation was to confirm that the charges were not a billing issue and that they were charged by Rogers for the 5 reprints.

Also, on a side note, Bell does charge for reprints. Under page 9 of their PDF document for Terms of Service, under "Schedule A: Fees" There is the 5$/mothly bill. A significant difference but they do charge as well. Although an interesting point, never knew that they charged you 2$ for making a payment through a representative rather than self serve. Good to know.

Hope this helps. 🙂

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Micolas

Please keep in mind not assume  what i or others think or say. Also i never once said you are defending Rogers. Please keep in mind not to put things in others mouths or assume things about things they think or say. 🙂 Thank you. ( just a side not if u have forgotten).   
On with the topic. 

Yes but as i said, they didn't charge me when i needed a few invoices from 2011. Again i also called them and they did say it's a $5 charge BUT if u need older invoices they will provide you with them without a fee. Weird because once again i and others don't get charged that $2 fee.  It seems either we sre lucky or something...  

On the side note, hopefully the OP gets their money back As i find it really unfair you have to wait for this kinda thing. No wonder why the government is getting involved lol.

Anyways hopefully the OP posts back and let's us know what going on!:) i hope indeed they get a credit as this does sound like a money grab to me from any company that would do it.  

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

The rate for invoice reprint did go from 4.00 to 15.00 per inv. However you can get it for free from your rogers account 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I also needed my 2013 bills because I could not find them in my online account. Was shocked to hear 15 CAD per bill. Rogers is ripping off its old/new customers.