Returns on a phone? (Lumia 920)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Returns on a phone? (Lumia 920)

Really a sort of general question actually.

I got my Lumia 920 in white around 10 days ago and I haven't used anywhere close to the alloted 30 minutes so I'm definitely in the return period.

The problem I'm having is that the battery life on this Lumia isn't even close to the one I got before in black (that a family member owns). In fact, it is literally 1/3rd of it. I've had this thing for 10 days in the hope that it'll improve but no. To further compound problems, the GPS is spotty on this device. It's a hit or miss thing - a problem the other model doesn't have.

I need to exchange/return this phone - is that a good enough reason for it? and if yes, how long will this procedure take? Ideally, I'd like to just walk to a store and get a new one (like in the States) but not entirely sure if that's how it works.

Also...the thing has a faint scratch on it. It is visible only when held up against the sun but it is there. How would this affect the return?

Would appreciate some feedback from anyone who has gone through the process!

****Edited Labels****

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Returns on a phone? (Lumia 920)

Hello pulkit10

All you need to do is take it back to the store & tell them the battery dies pretty fast. They will call Rogers to make sure the phone is within the 30 minutes & 15 days. Once that is cleared, they will check the SN / IMEI to make sure its the same as what the box says. If they have any in stock, they will give you one. If not, you will have to wait until they get some.

As for the scratches, not they will not say anything. They most likely will not see it unless you have this tech savvy rep that will check & make sure.
I Plan to Stick Around

Fair enough. None had stock in Calgary though so I ended up ordering one through tech support anyways and those faint scratches have kind of multiplied in number (there are a few but only if you look hard). Regardless, they told me that a they'll charge me for physical damage so I'll see how that turns out.

Thanks for your help though.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello pulkit10

Physical damage to them is if a piece of the phone is missing of cracked. You should be fine, they get thousands of phones in. I really doubt they will charge you.

you are welcome.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks meowmix, appreciate the guidance.