Returning or abandoning?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Returning or abandoning?

So, I had to shut off my cells..Locked on a contract.

What now?

I mean I own an Iphone 5 sitting on my desk doing NOTHING! It's like owning a Cadillac without gas!

Can you return these things? Can you unlock them? Or do I have to waite until the contract is over? I don't have $500+ to out right buy it so that option is out the door.

This gold bar is dead weight!

What are my options?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Returning or abandoning?

Hello spooks

So you closed your account down? Is that what you mean? Sorry your post is not making sense much here.

You can NOT return the device back. No carrier allows this unless you are within the first 15 days of purchase OR within the 30 minute range of getting the phone.

You can however unlock the device via Rogers for $50. The IMEI number of the phone must be on a Rogers active account to do so.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unlocking the device, (or even could do unlocked) you could re-sell the phone if you wished to someone else.

BUT you would still have to play the monthly plan regarless.. unless you pay the remaining ballance out and cancel.

So unlocking the phone and selling it, you could get the money back, and use that to cancel the plan/contract.

I'm Here A Lot

Thanx, this sounds more like my option/path I'll be taking.

I don't want to make money out of this actually... I rather simply have someone else I know have it and use it with their current provider.

I just didn't understand if I could still get it unlocked NOW even thou it's not completely paid off. 

For me, it's a gray area this locking/unlocking business!

----> No, the account is not shut down "yet". After a few things I saw, I might consider it just the same. But that's on the back burner for the moment.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello spooks

Yes you can unlock it via Rogers for $50. Just give them a call & they should be able to do it for u!