Returning defective phone within 15 days but with more than 30 mins ?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thunderstrk
I've Been Here Awhile

Returning defective phone within 15 days but with more than 30 mins ?

Hi everyone,

I got my S7 Edge last Saturday. October 1st. As soon as I got it I was on the phone with Rogers for like 2 hours to settle some account problems, get new lines..etc. Enough said..more than 30 mins. 

As the day went by I realized that the home button on the S7 Edge tends to stick. It's very annoying and it seems to be a very documented problem online. I though it might go away however it didn't. I plan to go in store today. Would they be able to exchange it ? I got the phone through phone customer service, not in store.  What options do I have? I dont want to return the phone and get my money back, I just want a differnt phone. I meant it's defective, I dont want to deal with Samsung warranty for a phoe bought barely 10 days ago.

Thanks

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
RogersCorey

Re: Returning defective phone within 15 days but with more than 30 mins ?

Hi @Thunderstrk,

We do have the ability to see the number called in our records. If you went over 30 mins solely due to calling us, we can make an exception.

With that said, you'll have to call in, go through social media or deal directly with us here to have it exchanged. You wouldn't be able to exchange it in store unless the original purchase was done in store.

If you'd like our assistance, please PM us @CommunityHelps and we'll get this done for you.

Thanks!

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

All Replies
RogersCorey

Hi @Thunderstrk,

We do have the ability to see the number called in our records. If you went over 30 mins solely due to calling us, we can make an exception.

With that said, you'll have to call in, go through social media or deal directly with us here to have it exchanged. You wouldn't be able to exchange it in store unless the original purchase was done in store.

If you'd like our assistance, please PM us @CommunityHelps and we'll get this done for you.

Thanks!

RogersCorey

View solution in original post

Thunderstrk
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks. I checked and I have 40 mins on the phone. Only about 10 for my usage. Remainder is from rogers calls. Ill call customer service and ask what the best appraoch is. I dont want to be left without a phone for too long.

RogersCorey

Alrighty! Call in as soon as you can. The sooner you let us know you're epxeriencing these issues, the better.

RogersCorey

Thunderstrk
I've Been Here Awhile

Ok I called in and the lady said a replacement phone will be sent to me. As soon as I get it I will have to ship the old one back. If this turns out to be as simple as this.. I will give you guys 5 stars review for the month of October 🙂 😛

RogersCorey

It really is just as simple as that through our Advanced Exchange Program 🙂 I'm pleased they were able to take care of your concern this quickly!

RogersCorey