Returning accessories

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Returning accessories

Hi, my wife and I just purchased two backberry Z10's along with cases. I found that the OtterBox case that I had bought did not work very well and went to return it. However, when I wnet to the Rogers Store they said that I could not return it because I did not purchase it at that store. This does not make sence becuase the store that I bought it at was a rogers Plus store located in Masonville Mall in London, Ontario and the store that I went to return it to was the Rogers Plus store that is located in Conestoga Mall in Waterloo, Ontario. Since I live and work in Waterloo it is rather inconvienient to drive back to London to return this accessory. After reading through all of the return polices the only one that I see that is similar to this is if the item was purchased online. This is very frustration considering Rogers is a national company. As a cosumer I was very leary of going with Rogers exactly for this reason. After dealing with the customer service staff in London my mind was temporarily changed because of how well I was served during my purchase. However, In light of the recent situation my mind has been changed.

Regards,

Chris Henhoeffer

A very unhappy Rogers Customer

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Returning accessories

Hello chehoeffer

This policy has been in place in many stores. You need to return to the same store you bought it at. Now with Rogers and Bell this has happened to me a couple of times. Both companies stores told me to go back to the store i got it from. I am sorry to hear that because of this issue, you changed your mind about Rogers. If anything, i suggest speaking to the manager at the store and asking them to send the feedback to head office. This may help.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats a really sucky story.. 😞  it amazes me that stores do this... they likely can VERY EASILY return the cases to the vendors (and if they cant.. they need better vendors, as there are alot where they can do it relatively easily)

A person SHOULD be able to do this sort of thing at the stores where you got it.. you would think...

This is one reason why i have bought most of my phone accessories from walmart, best buy, etc.. where their return policies are much more open.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

Its not easy as you think.. Some stores rather have the policy this way so if the item gets sent back & fixed, it gets sent back to the same store it was bought. Now if you take the item to another store & return it, that store can claim the cash / purchase type & when the item gets sent back from repair, they have it on them. Store managers can change the policy if they like unless its a nation wide policy for the company.

It all depends on the stores management & return policy. This is why i also buy from Wal-mart & Best buy.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This is an unfortunate example of poor customer service. in a first world country like canada we are turning down clients because of pure lazyness. I used to work in retail actually in management, im not going to name the company but what should have happened here is the manager should have called the other store and ok'd the return at a different location, what boggles my mind is rogers plus is not a privately owned store they are all owned by the corporation rogers RCI, their return policy does not state return only at point of purchase, that is something the store kind of adds on which is not right. and it eventually will hurt the companys image because its brand inconsistancy.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Pauly

I went to Miami last year for a month. I went to a AT&T store. Bought a few things and wanted to return them back, guess what? Same policy. Had to return it to the same store i bought it from. This rule can be put in place via the store managers disruption. While yes its not nice to do this and to you it may be easy, some stores do not want to do this. It may hurt the stores image but not the company as the company did not add this rule, the store manager did. 

Anyways in the end they should have just let the customer return the product he/ she got and thats all.