Resetting CGN2-ROG to factory defaults

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Resetting CGN2-ROG to factory defaults

HEy everyone! and thanks in advance for veiwing and trying to help! 

My issue is that i just hard reset the router by holding a pin to the small button on the side for 25 sec or so. But now i cant log into the internet via my router and when i try to go to 192.168.0.1 the page says its unavialible even when im recieving wifi from my cell phone as a hot spot. Im trying to log in so i can change my password because as of now i dont know what my password is after resetting. 

Any help would be great,

Elias

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Resetting CGN2-ROG to factory defaults

Not necessarily.  If I understand this correcly, all of your devices are wireless, so, currently they are set to the old network name and passphrase, and therefore they can't connect to the default network name and passphrase.  Possibly, if you look at the bottom of the modem, the default SSID, or network name and passphrase might be on the bottom.  With those, you could connect to the modem and reset the parameters.  If they are not there, you could always call tech support to have them change the network name and passphrase.  You will also have to change the modem password.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

After a reset, the credentials should be:

Username:  cusadmin

Password:  password

With a pc connected to one of the LAN ports, bringing up a command prompt and typing:

ipconfig/all

will bring up the ethernet parameters.  In that upper Ethernet list of data should be the Default Gateway address, which should be 192.168.0.1   There is a possibility that you might have to reboot your pc after the modem reset, so that the pc picks up a new IP address.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

thx for the fast response! my issue is that i cant get that far! i type http://192.168.0.1 into the web browser and i keep getting page can not be displayed. Yet im still able to surf the net and reply on these forums.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you bring up a command prompt and type:

ipconfig/all

What is the Default Gateway address displayed, which should be 192.168.0.1  ?

Have you done a pc reboot yet?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Im on my andriod device and the samsunng chrome with google drive. My laptop is at the office. No other computer in my condo, only tablets, phone and ps4. Am i doomed

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not necessarily.  If I understand this correcly, all of your devices are wireless, so, currently they are set to the old network name and passphrase, and therefore they can't connect to the default network name and passphrase.  Possibly, if you look at the bottom of the modem, the default SSID, or network name and passphrase might be on the bottom.  With those, you could connect to the modem and reset the parameters.  If they are not there, you could always call tech support to have them change the network name and passphrase.  You will also have to change the modem password.

View solution in original post