Requesting Higher Upload Speed Caps

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Requesting Higher Upload Speed Caps

Are we likely to be adressed by a moderator or some sort of Rogers personel with any sort of update on our concerns in the future? 

I've Been Here Awhile

I have been aggrivated by their abysmal upload speeds. I'm on the verge of switching to bell. I do a lot of video editing and uploading to youtube. It takes a couple hours to upload videos, it has taken me a time of 5 hours to upload a single video once, and while uploading the entire internet is very slow.

I'm on their Extreme Plus plan. I can deal with a 15 mbps download if I had a 7mbps upload..I couldn't care any less for 32, 50 or 75mbps downloaded...

the times are changing, and upload speeds need to be a big part of the deal..Rogers is a bit thick in that regard. And to **bleep** with their 'taking years to switch'..because it'll just be too late by then

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Bell only recently has started providing the faster upload speeds.. with the introduction of their FIBE... prior to that with only the DSL, they were actualy LOWER than rogers 😛

But yes, all in all, rogers need to up theirs to the same, to stay competitive.

I Plan to Stick Around

LOL!  That's not a plan, that's a dream.  Hope you're wrong.

Hsing wrote:

Rogers is actually planning on increasing upload speeds, i believe free of charge. It is meant to be done slowly over several years, but many have already started receiving the newer speeds. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Heard a rumour that it will be July.....75 down 25 up.

Hope it's true.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty wrote:

Bell only recently has started providing the faster upload speeds.. with the introduction of their FIBE...

As someone who used that for years, I can tell you Bell's upload speed is not new at all. BES IPTV trials began in 2008, Fibe Internet launched in two provinces on February 2010, and Fibe TV in September 2010. So Rogers is 2 years behind Bell's official release dates, and 4 years behind the trial dates.

I switched to Rogers because my Bell 2-yr term expired and I got a good price here. But in downtown TO, Rogers haven't even enabled upload channel bonding with 64QAM yet. Also someone on my street has been waiting on a line burial to their house for over 5 years. What's up with that? Why is Rogers so slow? Why can they roll a technician truck the next day but maintenance can't bury some wire, split nodes and increase our upload speeds?!? Slow slow slow.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@chexmix wrote:

@Gdkitty wrote:

Bell only recently has started providing the faster upload speeds.. with the introduction of their FIBE...

As someone who used that for years, I can tell you Bell's upload speed is not new at all. BES IPTV trials began in 2008, Fibe Internet launched in two provinces on February 2010, and Fibe TV in September 2010. So Rogers is 2 years behind Bell's official release dates, and 4 years behind the trial dates.

I switched to Rogers because my Bell 2-yr term expired and I got a good price here. But in downtown TO, Rogers haven't even enabled upload channel bonding with 64QAM yet. Also someone on my street has been waiting on a line burial to their house for over 5 years. What's up with that? Why is Rogers so slow? Why can they roll a technician truck the next day but maintenance can't bury some wire, split nodes and increase our upload speeds?!? Slow slow slow.

The higher upload speeds are ONLY on the FIBE, and not their DSL.. thats what my original comment was based on.. Prior to the introduction of the fibe, and STILL on their current DSL, is lower than rogers.

While i dont argue that Fibe may have started comming back then.. its still not fully 100% available in as many places, least last i checked.  It has only been available where i am, since about xmas time.. comparatively that DSL and cable is more places.. and at that point, rogers is faster.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I'm amazed this only has 5 likes.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

The interesting thing is that there are actually 7 likes on the post... I noticed within the first day that it had 4 likes and was top of the "most liked posts" list... and then the next day it had vanished, got more likes and reappeared, but has been at a "-2" from the real rating in the top posts list. Definitely odd.

Please continue to like the first post if you agree with it/are interested in higher upload speeds! Some interesting rumors from Ryked... maybe we can hope that they'll finally increase it!

I Plan to Stick Around

I myself today was trying to stream League of Legends on Twitch with the 1 mbps upload and it just is not enough it lags terribly at 720p, 480p it runs better but I want the higher quailty and after looking at bells fibe I am wondering why Rogers isnt updating to compete with them. Upload is important to gamers, especially those that want or do stream. Rogers! Listen to your customers, increase the upload. Thanks.