Requesting Higher Upload Speed Caps

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Requesting Higher Upload Speed Caps

First off, I'd like to mention, I'm currently quite happy with my download speed and latency. Since moving to where I live, I've had great download speed (averaging 4.0-4.2 MB/s download from Steam with Extreme+) and no connection issues. However, I am an avid gamer.

A phenomenon that is becoming more common in the gaming world is streaming gaming footage via a self-streaming website like Twitch TV... you can share your game footage with friends, show them something cool that you found, or show off your skills. If you're in a beta you can allow the gaming community to view it "through your eyes". If you play an MMO, you might stream footage of you and your guild achieving a world first or difficult kill!

Self-streaming however, requires upload speed. The more, the better. With low upload speed, the video quality degrades heavily whenever there is motion. Having even 5.0 Mbps would allow for decent stream quality - allowing text to be legible to a viewer. 10.0 Mbps would allow for Crystal Clear HD Self-Streaming!

I would like to submit a request for higher upload speed caps, especially on the higher end packages. I know this forum is probably not the best place to do it, but I don't know of anywhere else I can even submit a request. Rogers is unfortunately on the very low end of upload speed caps. Even competing locally against Bell, while Rogers wins in availability and download speed, Bell upload speed is much higher, peaking at 10 Mbps on their Fibe 50 service - as opposed to Rogers Ultimate peaking at 2 Mbps.

For a reference from down south, I just quickly pulled up the Comcast website from the US:

Please consider raising your upload speed caps. Having Rogers best plan available being unable to compete with Comcast's value plan on upload speed is depressing. I would be willing to pay for a plan with a boosted upload speed - If extreme plus was offered for $80/month with 5.0 Mbps I would gladly subscribe. It's just galling to pay $28 more for a giant amount of download speed (that I don't need/care about) and only go up to a paltry 2 Mbps of upload speed, which I DO care about.

To the community, please like this post if you agree!

***edited labels***

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Requesting Higher Upload Speed Caps

Rogers is actually planning on increasing upload speeds, i believe free of charge. It is meant to be done slowly over several years, but many have already started receiving the newer speeds.

Ultimate is eventually meant to be 10 mbps, extreme plus 7mbps, extreme 3mbps, and express 2 mbps. 

Also those comcast prices/plans you posted couldn't be anymore misleading. The comcast prices listed are for the first 6 months, and then increase exponentially after a year. Their listed speeds are also including "powerboost" which means you need to subtract atleast 2-3 mbps from both the listed upload and download speeds to get the "real" rate which Canadian ISP's atleast have the decency to advertise.

I Plan to Stick Around

I hate how sometimes sending a file takes so long that it would be faster to drive over and give the person the file on a USB key.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I've become fed up with the pathetic upload speeds that are offered from Rogers that I have actually today cancelled my internet service. I don't need 75Mbps down. I do need at least 10Mbps up. I do need unlimited data. It's so pathetic, that I've turned to using my cell phone (on LTE) when I need to stream or upload anything. I literally plug my phone into my computer a tether the data so I can reasonable upload speeds.

Pathetic.

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm in the exact same boat as w0lf here.

I've been a few month livestream user for a community I take part in, and lately, a 1 mb/s upload speed on my extreme package has gotten me on the ropes as to switching from rogers to Bell all entirely. I'm currently in college, and I've taken upon myself to pay for internet, but I have a mother whom prefers to have 1 bill, and I've been gathering data  to convince her that switching to Bell may be cheaper with their plans, just to obtain better internet. After doing said reasearch,  I've become very, very disapointed in these upload rates, and wonder if switching would actually yield me better results. I'm going to wait just a while longer and hold off of my streaming to see if these rates actually DO change, if I can't find the faintest detail about any future plans, then I'll just have to move on.

I Plan to Stick Around

It would be nice if Rogers used "powerboost" in both directions instead of just download. That would improve average file transfer user experience across every tier immensely

BUT if you have video or other original content larger than 10-20MB, you just need higher upload rates period

10Mbps is the highest they'll go really? 75/10 is little, they are already 3 years behind Bells 25/7 offering. They should aim for 75/30 for the prices they charge... and Lite, poor grandma drawing pension money to pay Rogers $40/mo and gets deserted with 256kbps, she can hardly Skype to her family without choppy video. Come on! EVERYONE deserves at least 1Mbps in both directions, or else don't call it "broadband"

I've Been Here Awhile

Along with the increase in upload caps will be the increase in price.

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm sure more avid internet users would agree with me in not minding a slight price adjustment, lowered download cap, or newer package for better upload speeds. Or, well, those that know the advantages of better upload speeds.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Well as I said. I'd be happy to lose 25Mb download for even 5Mb mroe upload. I already paid enough and go over my cap all the time.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who could use more upload. If you feel the same, please "like" the first post to raise the profile of this issue a bit.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats