Reps Confused? New Upload Speeds For Kitchener/Waterloo?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Reps Confused? New Upload Speeds For Kitchener/Waterloo?

I have been looking into information stating rogers has begun increasing their upload caps for DOCSIS 3 via channel bonding upstream nodes.

DOCSIS 3.0 Upload Speeds-

Ultimate - 10Mbit
Extreme Plus - 7Mbit
Extreme - 3Mbit
Express - 2Mbit
Lite - 256Kbit

I called Rogers Tech Support and one technician told me "YES" these upgraded speeds are available in your area. Then I called again and the next technician told me "NO" it has not been rolled out in Kitchener/Waterloo yet.

I was wondering if a Rogers Rep could give me a definitive answer regarding which areas have received the new speeds. As well an ETA for when Kitchener/Waterloo will receive the upgraded speeds via DOCSIS 3.0

Thank You

***edited labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Reps Confused? New Upload Speeds For Kitchener/Waterloo?

The reps tbh are clueless. I went through the same thing a few months back. One rep told me uploads were getting increased, another said they already had been increased and then tech support said there was no timeline for upload speed increases in the KW or Stratford area for 2012 that they knew of. I honestly don't think anyone at Rogers CS or Tech support has the foggiest clue and mist of them just spit out something and hope it sticks to the wall.

I'm honestly getting mighty fed up with Rogers staff lying about stuff and would just say " I don't know" and get it over with. I'm not holding out any hope of increased upload speeds in KW or Stratford area at all in 2012 and I am actively searching for other options for my home, my mothers home (I pay her Rogers bill as well) and my businesswhuch I also currently use rogers.I pay a total of 600 a month between the three places and will be pulling all Rogers services out of all 3 placesas soon as I get my alternatives in line.

My level of trust in Rogers, their honesty when dealing with customers and willingness to improve there services has basically tanked in the last several months.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Reps Confused? New Upload Speeds For Kitchener/Waterloo?

keep in mind it also depends what center you are calling into, direct or outsourced (3rd party). not all rogers tech reps will have the same information up to date, 3rd party outsource usually get all the information last (this goes for ANY company). Also its true some reps are more knownledgeable then others, again this goes for ANY company.