Replacement Blackberry suggestions?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Replacement Blackberry suggestions?

My blackberry bold began to stop working properly, and escalated to the "white screen of death" every single time I turned it on.

I had to get a replacement, and chose the pearl because it was cheapest. (big mistake, & rogers, $80 is your cheapest?)

My question now is can I take the pearl back & ask for a different blackberry to replace my original one? i didn't even take the pearl out of the box, it's 100% unused. & which blackberry would be best? I need data & immediate, fast internet access - is the bold the right way to go?

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Replacement Blackberry suggestions?

The best way to fix the white screen is to reload the OS to your phone.  To do that, you'll need to connect your phone to your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  If you don't have BDS installed on your PC, you can find it at www.blackberry.com/desktop .

However, if your phone cannot connect to BlackBerry Desktop Software, have a look at this article from RIM:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144 .

Let us know if that helps you.  🙂

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Both the Bold and the Torch models would fill the bill as far as browsing goes.  If you choose a newer model of either one, it'll be running OS 7 which is great for browsing.  Even OS 6, if you get an older model, should suit you.

I hope that sheds some light on the situation.  🙂

P.S.  The "white screen of death" can be overcome.  Make sure you check with us for answers before giving up another phone like that.  😉

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

tell all of us how to fix the white screen

Highlighted

The best way to fix the white screen is to reload the OS to your phone.  To do that, you'll need to connect your phone to your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  If you don't have BDS installed on your PC, you can find it at www.blackberry.com/desktop .

However, if your phone cannot connect to BlackBerry Desktop Software, have a look at this article from RIM:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144 .

Let us know if that helps you.  🙂

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

wheRe: Replacement Blackberry suggestions?

when you say. lose data... what do you mean

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: wheRe: Replacement Blackberry suggestions?

He means you will lose everything on your phone. So make sure you back up the phone on Blackberry Desktop