Remote with Learning Function?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Remote with Learning Function?

I went to http://www.urcsupport.com yesterday for help configuring my pvr's remote with another device, and noticed that on the "Atlas DVR 1056" page, which is the 5-device control my 8642HD uses, there is now a link to a user manual for a newer version of this remote that features a "Learning" mode that allows you to 'teach' the remote functions from other device's remotes.

On the Learning version of the pvr remote, this is achieved by holding Setup until it blinks twice, pressing 975, pressing the Device key for the mode you want the programmed button to function in, followed by the button to be programmed, and then pointing both remotes at each other and pressing and holding the other remote's button that you want copied until the pvr remote's device light flashes twice (to indicate that it has successfully learned the new function).

My Denon AV receiver's multi-device remote had this feature 15 years ago.. and I've always been surprised that no other remote I've encountered since has had the ability.

I haven't called Rogers yet to find out if they have this Learning version of the pvr remote available, but am just wondering if anyone happens to have one. Does it come standard with the Nextbox 3?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Remote with Learning Function?

It's not on any of the currrent Rogers remotes pages, but if you pick the Atlas 1056 DVR remote via the front page of the site, you'll be on http://www.urcsupport.com/html.php?page_id=289 and you'll see the Learning remote mentioned at the bottom left, under 'RELATED LINKS'.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Highlighted

It's not on any of the currrent Rogers remotes pages, but if you pick the Atlas 1056 DVR remote via the front page of the site, you'll be on http://www.urcsupport.com/html.php?page_id=289 and you'll see the Learning remote mentioned at the bottom left, under 'RELATED LINKS'.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm... Unfortunately even the PDF link there doesn't have the model # in it 😞

Only the ones on the Rogers page there are the ones Rogers specifically uses/carries.

That being said, if you got ahold of one of the learning ones it would likely work tho, just need to be programmed for the Cisco box.

You are right tho this would be a good addition to their arsenal 🙂

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't know how accurate that page really is. My remote has the "D" button and says "1056B03" on the back, which is the first model number shown, yet it doesn't have the backlit buttons, like the first picture. It looks like the second one (1056).

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Around

For future reference on the "Atlas 5" remotes...

If you open the battery compartment and remove the batteries, look for a small white sticker on the inside wall.

If the model number on the sticker begins with 11056 it is the learning version.

If the model number on the sticker begins with 1056 it is the standard, non-learning version.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@drussell_ wrote:

For future reference on the "Atlas 5" remotes...

If you open the battery compartment and remove the batteries, look for a small white sticker on the inside wall.

If the model number on the sticker begins with 11056 it is the learning version.

If the model number on the sticker begins with 1056 it is the standard, non-learning version.

Interesting. I have 4 of those remotes. An old 4-button one with a sticker beginning with 1055 and three 5-button ones with the stickers beginning with 1056.  How common were the ones with the learning function?

Another question. I have a CHAMPION PLUS URC2125B0-BB remote I reprogrammed per  https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/New-Rogers-RF-remote/m-p/401496#M43729 to modify some button functions. Now I want to restore it to defaults, but nobody can tell me how to do that.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario