Remote signal to box. When channel selecting 3 numbers only one number works.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Remote signal to box. When channel selecting 3 numbers only one number works.

For instance. If I want channel 321 I hit 3 then 2 then 1. It changes to channel 3. Then it changes to 21 after some delay. When I select 321 again it goes to 32. It is driving me nuts. Both remotes are doing it and the batteries are brand new. Any ideas?

***Edited labels***

Steve
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Remote signal to box. When channel selecting 3 numbers only one number works.

Hello remaxman

Which box do you have? I have had the same exact issue on my 8642 HD PVR. It seems like the software / boxes are not made properly... Poorly made i may add.

If you want, go to a Rogers Plus store & have them give you another remote & give yours back. See if that works.
Highlighted

Re: Remote signal to box. When channel selecting 3 numbers only one number works.

That would be my third remote I have returned. The box is the 8642. Biggest mistake i ever made was changing my hd8300

Steve
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I must agree with you. The boxes never made any change & they are made by Cisco. A company that Rogers will ONLY use.

Its sad that Rogers can not move on to something better. You will have others say " WE never had this issue & blah blah blah" But i can say for sure around 85% of Rogers cable customers have many issues with the boxes / remotes.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hey I'm not going to say it this time! :p. while I don't get this all the time, I do sometimes. I definitely get it first thing in the am after the reboot, first time starting it up. I find it not as bad afterwards, but still does happen occasionally. (Mind you I am more choosing 2 digit channels, so may not effect as much)

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello GDkitty.

I was not talking about you. I was talking in general. Thanks.

The boxes & the software are garbage. Not worth even bothering with it anymore. They never care to ask their own customers what they need to fix. They only fix things they care about. Not the real problems tho. In the morning like you said, its worse. This happens because they can not sync the update properly. Thus making it worse on the customer to input numbers & do things.
Highlighted

MORNING!!!! Thats another thing that really ticks me off. I work shift work. So  I watch TV until 3 in the morning. And you know what happens at 2 am. PLUS I use the TV to wake me up. The box is never on in the morning so when the TV comes on there is NOTHING!

Steve