Remote TV Manager...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Remote TV Manager...

I downloaded the iPhone App and at first glance it looks to be very useful. It allows for:

1. Browsing the schedule. This is the same as flipping through the guide using the PVR remote. 

2. Searching for a show.  This is done by typing in the show name, which, in my opinion, is a huge functional improvement. Once a show is found, you can schedule recording with the same optionsas with the PVR remote.

3. Access to recorded and scheduled shows. This is where there is, shall we say, "room for improvement".

The scheduled shows did not accurately reflect the scheduled shows that are on my PVR's list. Some of the entries were correctly labelled, some showed incorrect show names, and some entries indicated manual recording. Somewhat annoying, but I can live with having to look at the PVR directly to manage the scheduled list. After all, I don't really change it that much.

The recorded shows on my PVR did show up in the list of shows. But so did some older shows that had already been deleted. I was a little afraid to delete shows, but I thought I should try it. I deleted a show that I finished watching via the iPhone app, and it was deleted from the PVR's recorded shows list immediately. I then deleted the shows that had already been deleted, with seemingly no ill effects. However, When I next looked at the recorded list on my PVR, one of the shows I had not yet watched (and, yes, I'm sure I didn't accidentally delete) was gone! In fact, the iPhone App indicates that the show in question is still on the PVR. Not good.

Overall, I think that the Remote TV Manager will be good at what it is being promoted to do - that is, schedule recordings while one does not have access to the TV. I tried out the scheduling function and it worked just fine. However, I think there are a few bugs that need to be ironed out with the synchronization of data on the PVR with the iPhone app.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have the same issues with the recorded shows, see my post...

"TV Manager showing shows on PVR that are not there"
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm using the android app, and while I'm waiting for the 8642 to be supported, I thought it would make for a great portable TV guide. It is except....

As I scroll through the times, once I hit 8:00 it stops showing any new shows. In other words, Show X is on at 8pm... I change the time to 9pm, 930, 10, and it still just shows Show X (and I know it's not correct). I can jump to any other day in the future, and the daytime listings are accurate, but I am unable to see what is on from 8pm-12am on any day.... once I hit midnight, the shows update for the next day.

Any else experiencing this?

I've Been Here Awhile

I don't have any problem going past 8:00 pm on the iPhone. I can go all round the clock. It even highlights shows that I have scheduled to record, just like on the PVR.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hmmm... Thanks for the response. It's annoying because that's basically my prime TV watching time. But as I said, my PVR isn't even supported yet, so hopefully it will be straightened out by then. Maybe reinstalling the app will do something.

I've Been Around

I just called and the rep didn't know about it. I still can not find the remote tv manager icon.
Anyone know where it is?
I'm a Senior Advisor

@lzwkyx did you download the app?
I've Been Here Awhile

Try this link

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/rpvr?cm_sp=Consumer-_-Cable_0611_Eng-_-RPVR_TV_slot3

If that doesn't work, go to the rogers main page, click on tv, and it's the third item in the list called "Freedom and Flexibility to enjoy.....". Click on it and then click on the Learn More button.

I've Been Here Awhile

So I've had the app on my phone for quite some time now without being able to use it. Any word on support coming to the 8642 or has Rogers given up? Perhaps they're waiting until the next box comes out and then not support the new one.
I've Been Around

i have an 8300HP PVR, downloaded the app on my iphone but when i try to login, my login info are not recognized. I'm using the same as Myrogers. What seems to be the problem. Last night i was getting: " something......only available to Tv in ontario< error message 101