Remote TV Manager...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator RogersHemal
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote TV Manager...

At this time the Web version is still in the works and in Beta testing with our internal networks.  If you do own a Apple Iphone you are free to download the App from the Apple App Store.

Retired Moderator RogersHemal
Retired Moderator

The Web Version of the Remote TV Manager is now available via www.rogers.com.

Once you do sign in make sure you are in the Overview section and go to your Cable Television section.  You should see Remote TV Manager in this list.

This will only work for the 8300 PVR systems at this time.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Surely there must be a better way to access this than through MyRogers. MyRogers is often so buggy that when it is not working, there is also no access to the Remote TV Manager as happened to me this morning when I got the message "We are experiencing technical difficulties at this time". 

When I was able to access the Remote TV Manager it was really slow to load, was 2 days behind on my recorded shows list, and lists shows that have already been watched and erased. Another fine effort from Rogers! (sarcasm intended!) 

I Plan to Stick Around

I have the same thing IHR. It took 3-4 minutes just to load my data. The last recorded shows on my list are for June 17 and today is June 21! What do you expect though? Something new from Rogers and something new that does not work!

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I tried accessing the Remote Tv Manager this morning and all I got was a bunch of little circles that kept spinning and spinning and spinning and............and well I think you get the picture! But the ad for Rogers On-Demand popped up just fine as if I really need an advertisement when I want to program my PVR! Congratulations Rogers - you have done it again!

I've Been Around

I'm still unable to use both the web version or iPhone app for Remote TV manager.  When I click the link in MyRogers it says my box is not supported but I can confirm I have an 8300HD PVR.  When I try logging into the iPhone app, it says unable to retrieve account information.  I'm thinking my box isn't properly communicating with Rogers or something, as when I try going to Cable TV under products and services in MyRogers and I select the HD PVR it says "unable to retrieve Digital TV Box Features".  

I'm a Senior Advisor

So I tried the Remote TV Manager again this morning. The first attempt also gave me a bunch of spinning circles for over 2 minutes followed by an error message: The Remote TV Manager was not available. The second attempt loaded the guide right away, but took another 2 minutes to load My IVR. Then I checked My PVR and though it showed that it was 36% full, none of the shows recorded even showed up! What a worthless piece of junk!

I Plan to Stick Around

I have an 8300 HD and it's already June and Remote TV Manager on the Rogers.com website won't do anything except display the TV guide. It wouldn't connect to my PVR (display 'connecting..' then n/a) nor set up a "record". What magic setup is required?
I'm a Senior Advisor

The only magic setup is for Rogers to finally get something that works properly! Now that would indeed be magic!

I Plan to Stick Around

I thought I'd try the remote TV Manager. Since I have the Explorer 8300 HD and live in Ontario it should work.  I logged on at rogers.com and  saw the My Rogers Overview page. After setting my browser to allow all scripts on the page, I clicked on the Remote TV Manager link in the  Cable TV section.

I saw the message "connecting"  then "n/a" in the box above a TV guide. Not ready for prime time I'd say.  When I clicked on a program and selected Record "Warning: Digital receiver is unavailable at this time"

Called Rogers 1-888-rogers-1 for Tech support + cable TV to talk to an operator.  He said they had to do something to my PVR remotely and they would call me today/tommorrow when it was done. That sounds scary (PVR hard drive powering up and down constantly was just resolved).