Remote TV Manager...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Remote TV Manager...

This was suppose to launch Sunday April 17 2011. It has not and Rogers refuses to post any notification of this misleading customers that you can use it. Wasting our time looking for it and talking to 3 different customer service reps, then refusing to post an update is not a great way to treat a customer. Thank you once again Rogers for wasting more of my time. Very shortly I won't have to worry about your bad service anymore.

I'm a Senior Advisor

There is no doubt that Rogers communications to their customers leaves a lot to be desired. On the other hand, I cannot even set a show to record using my PVR and be assured that it will actually be recorded anymore. The idea of trying to program a show remotely conjures up all kinds of images in my head and none of them are good!

Retired Moderator RogersHemal
Retired Moderator

Remote TV Manager has not been made available as of yet.  As mentioned last Wednesday I will update this forum thread once it is made available for Public use.

I've Been Here Awhile

Tick tick tick. Even the forum here doesn't give dates out. Replies are listed as "two weeks ago" and "one week ago". Let's just say that two weeks ago you said launched soon. And yet we wait. March....April... Hey look there's May! Even got my new connected magazine today. Lol
I'm a Senior Advisor

The word from another forum is that when they test launched the Remote TV Manager, it crashed the system and  Rogers has not been able to figure it out and have no expectations of launching this in the near future. I guess none of the Rogers' employees on this forum are aware of this!

I'm a Senior Advisor

It would appear that the remote TV manager is now working!  There is supposed to be a link when you log into your account called Remote TV Manager, though this link does not appear on my account yet. However, there is a direct link to the Remote TV Manager. I found that this was working for me today using the same user name and password that I use to log into my Rogers account.

I Plan to Stick Around

Also found this on the Rogers site:

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/rpvr

So hopefully, it should be up and running officially soon.  Of course, I mean "soon" as in the way we'd all define it.  Smiley Wink

Retired Moderator RogersJean
Retired Moderator

A link to access Remote TV Manager Online that is currently being discussed online, exists as a testing site only. We're excited to bring you this new web-based service soon, but for now the only way to access Remove TV Manager is through the iPhone app. We apologize for any confusion.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Jean

Three weeks have gone by since your post and still nothing from Rogers on this feature being made available on-line. This feature was to have been made available weeks, even months ago and once again customers are left in the lurch! Your Website actively promotes this feature, yet nothing is mentioned of the fact that it is not available on-line!  

I'm a Senior Advisor

Anyone from Rogers going to respond? Even if you have no answers, it would be so nice to actually get a response from a Rogers employee!