Remote TV Manager...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Remote TV Manager...

This is absolutely pathetic - the first item in this thread is from ONE YEAR AGO!!! Come on Rogers, get with it!

Can only get the 8642HD now - 8300HD's cannot be found anywhere (besides used on eBay). I didn't know coming soon meant within this decade.

I Plan to Stick Around

Don't bother finding a 8300HD - the service does not work correctly with it anyway. So it's broken for older boxes and never worked on the new Cisco ones. Yet another failure. Same for Called ID display. Channel 975 is here on new Cisco boxes but shows nothing. Called ID popup was one of the reasons I kept Called ID/Voicemail on my rogers home phone plan. Thanks for making my decision to cancel easier. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I had two old 8300 boxes (160G) for about 6 years.  Worked great and the remote TV manager was WONDERFUL!!!

I just upgraded my two boxes to the new 8300 (320G) and the 8642, and now can't access the cable boxes through the serivce...

C'mon Rogers, don't fail me now!

I Plan to Stick Around

I think they will fix the remote app later on, maybe in a year or two.

Yet I'm more concerned about this service not working for another year now http://www.rogers.com/web/content/tv-call-display

It is free (not so much if you consider you need Rogers home phone, Caller ID and Voicemail feature to begin with), it's also listed on the website as a selling 'feature', yet many new subscribers will be 'pleased' to know it does not work with new Cisco boxes at all, similar to the remote control app...

So my question to Rogers - if you're not going to fix it for new boxes (which is the ONLY choice for new subscribers and existing customers willing to take advantage of the new IPG etc.)  - why bother listing it on the website in the 'features' section for cable TV and keep misleading people?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I agree.. since its not available on any boxes that they currently sell/rent.. it should be removed as a feature.. for the time being.

Oh, and you dont HAVE to have voicemail to have it work 🙂  You just cant use the send to voicemail feature on it.  (had just phone and ID at my old house with the 8300)