Remote TV Manager...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Remote TV Manager...

When is this stuff going to work with the newer PVR's? My 8300 doesn't record properly anymore and my local Rogers store only has the cisco boxes...
I Plan to Stick Around

All this time waiting for this feature, and it quite simply, doesn't work.  Just get a pop-up error message and then booted to the info page about the service that states it's "available now" for the 8300 (which I have).  Ugh. 

I'm Here A Lot

@IHR

In the 4 pages of this thread all you have done is complain.

Surely there is a better use of our time than to read you idiotic comments ranging from "oh, when will this come out"

going to "oh, it came out but does not work" and finally "dur, i dont like it, but im going to keep using it"

If it bothers you so much remote tv manager does not work, how 'bout NOT USING IT ?

Better yet, drop your tasteless commentary and provide just straight and objective feedback if you really want to help improve this thing ?

I'm a Senior Advisor

@usapper

So who made you judge and jury? Could it be that you have not experienced the same level of customer frustration with Rogers as many others have? 

If you go back and look at this thread, it can be basically divided into two segments  - one dealing with the pre-release of the Remote TV Manager and the other with comments made after the Remote TV Manager was made available on-line. In the first part, there were 10 or more posters who experienced frustration with the supposed release date which in fact was promised by Rogers last February as "coming soon". Interspersed were a few comments made by Rogers' employees which did not tell us anything we did not already know. There was not one positive comment from a poster. 

After the Remote TV Manager was made available, there have been another 9-10 comments with readers experiencing problems with the Remote TV Manager. I did not read one positive comment. Furthermore, I never once stated that I did not like it - only that it was frustrating to try and use. I certainly  like the concept of the Remote TV Manager and I can now also add that the last 2-3 times I have accessed it, it was working much better, though still somewhat slow. 

If I happen to add commentary that you don't particularly like, then perhaps you should follow your own advice and not read it. It appears that you are new to the forums, so if it is commentary you do not like, then you will likely be disappointed because throughout these forums, there is great deal of commentary made by a great number of posters on a wide variety of topics. Much of it is negative. 

By the way, I don't think that as a customer I should have to stop using something because it does not work properly. I read a similar stu*pid post in another thread where the writer suggested with respect to another Rogers service that if they did not like the service, they should just suck it up! I pay a lot of money to Rogers every month and as a customer, I have the right to expect that I will receive what I pay for. In many cases, I have not!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I seriously doubt the value of negative commentary as in the case.

I am a Rogers customer and while not always happy with the service, I never found myself on the threshold of aneurysm as it would appear you and the rest of commentators are.

My main problem is that reading your comments its hard to understand the truth about the product, and get an objective review.

If this forum is monitored by Rogers employees or other members of Rogers, I would say that reading your type of comments will not increase their desire to make anything better.

On the other hand it seems to me that if you took the time to provide objective feedback it might be taken more seriously than just raving and ranting.

I'm a Senior Advisor

You are entitled to your opinion. Perhaps you need to read a little more carefully. I provided information. I provided objective feedback when describing what I experienced when trying to access the Remote TV  Manager. Similar experiences were described by others. If I add commentary that offends you, then I apologize. But I am certainly not alone in the frustrations I have felt with Rogers. Maybe you need to go through some of the threads and topics on other issues such as the SMC router, the firmware update for the 8300HD PVR, or Rogers throttling/deprioritizing World of Warcraft. Comments are anything but positive. 

I'm Here A Lot

@IHR

I am not offended because I am aware of the exact limitaitons of the systems,  i am just very unhappy about the commentary 😕

I'm Here A Lot

btw whats the most recent feedback you have about remote tv manager, as the last comment is two weeks old ? 

i would also love to hear some things about quick start - what are your thoughts ? why do people hate it so much ?

I'm a Senior Advisor

As I mentioned yesterday, The Remote TV Manager was working better. It is still on the slow side, but not nearly as bad as it was a few weeks ago. After posting though, I decided to try it again and got the message that it was unavailable. LOL A lot of people would like to see a separate URL though so as not to have to go through MyRogers, since MyRogers can also be very buggy.

People disliked Quick Start because it required two button pushes to access the on line guide and resented having to go through Quick Start when all they wanted was the guide. They claimed that Quick Start was nothing but a promotional tool for Rogers. Rogers responded by allowing you to change the order of the Guide by setting the guide to come up first, instead of Quick Start. They have also added some features to Quick Start and the furor has definitely died down. This is one issue where Rogers definitely listened to their customers. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Update to my problems using Remote TV Manager reported to Rogers by phone. The return call that I was supposed to receive after they "fixed" something never came. I follow this thread so I know if/when to try it again.
Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats