Remote TV Manager...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Remote TV Manager...

I got the Rogers' magazine in the mail and it talks about accessing the appliaction from the Rogers web site and "Soon" from your smartphone. 

I cannot find it on the web site - is it a "coming soon" too and they failed to say?

***Edited labels***

I've Been Around

Re: Remote TV Manager...

I can't find it either...

I'm a Senior Advisor

This feature has not started yet.  The newsletter states it is "coming soon" though it does not specify when soon will be. Until it starts though, you will not find it.

I've Been Here Awhile

Actually the way the magazine is worded it does make it sound like only the mobile app is coming soon but the online version is available. Even the sidebar that says "two ways in" lists only the app as coming soon. It makes it seem like the online version is available by logging in. Either way, it's another EPIC FAIL of a launch. Rogers customers have been clamoring for this for years, and when BELL can manage it, you know something is wrong with the universe. Instead Rogers just writes an article about it and slaps a coming soon on the title page and hopes no one will notice that they have nothing but vapour ware. Oh and did you notice the small print, it's only available for the 8300 months after they have stopped selling tha version and have many users have upgraded to the newer pvr models. Nice to know the are finally activating features on the 8300 5 years after it was launched. Maybe in another 5 years the new version will get access to this wonderful advance. And 5 years after that they will final figure out the new models support multiple room viewing. (wouldn't want users to know about all these cool features until BELL shows them how). Sigh
I've Been Around

Thanks for posting this. The "connected" magazine is worse than junkmail with incorrect data such as this in it. I've been fed up with my PVR for so long I'm seriously considering migrating to a computer-based solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Over at Digital Home Canada, one poster said they called customer service and was told this feature would be rolled out around the end of March or early April.  

It's worth mentioning that the article says it will initially be for the 8300HD only.  My question for Rogers, then, is when will the 8642HD be supported?  I feel rather discouraged that I have spent money to acquire Rogers latest-and-greatest hardware, only to find out that it's a lower priority than the older hardware.

I Plan to Stick Around

I agree.  You buy a new box, and you don't get TV call display, don't get the quick menu (which might be a good thing), and now they introduce yet another really useful function that won't work on their new box!  This is unreal.  You can't even go to a Rogers store and BUY the old 8300 boxes!   I have never seen a company start to sell a product that they are essentially "not supporting"!  They released it before they were ready.  It shouldn't have been released until they could provide identical support.  If the time to implement the new call display functionality over to the new box is any indication, you won't be seeing this new "Remote TV manager"  on the 8642 for quite some.  Maybe Rogers should be providing a monthly discount to those people who have the 8642.  It's just not right!

Jason.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Something tells me the person in rogers whos silly idea it was to release a product without it being compatible on their full lineup of boxes is no longer with the company.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hey I note that this topic was started March 2 ish, when the connected magazine came out stating that Remote TV Manager was coming soon. (note that the online version was supposed to be available based on the verbiage, but I digress.)

It's April 12th, no sign of this application being available yet? Has anyone seen it?  I understand printing an magazine (with advanced deadlines etc) and having the ackward situation when a launch is delayed a bit. But this is getting rather comical.

How many months in advance is a coming soon tag even valid? I see that Rogers also has "Smart Home Monitoring" coming soon. Wonder when that will be rolled out, though it may be before we ever see remote tv manage, because it will likely be a money generator, rather than a customer service add on.

sigh. Hope to see this sometime before my PVR crashes and I have to replace it again for the mysterious Cisco "hardware issues"

Retired Moderator RogersHemal
Retired Moderator

@community

Remote TV Manager will be made available very shortly.  Once available I will update this thread.