cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote TV Manager showing old TV shows deleted from my PVR from last June

JohnM
I'm Here A Lot

Remote TV Manager (both Internet and app) are showing about a dozen old TV shows which were recorded and deleted last June. The shows are not showing on my PVR. I delete the shows on Remote TV Manager but they soon return - presumably when TV Manager resyncs with the PVR.  This is making the Remote TV Manager pretty unusble. Which is frustrating since it is a Rogers product that otherwise works pretty well.

***Edited labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Remote TV Manager showing old TV shows deleted from my PVR from last June

mousetamer
I'm a Trusted Contributor
I just posted about the same issues here http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

I did more research after and this is a pretty widespread issue. Just read the reviews from iTunes or the Play Store. A lot of users complain about this on both. Rogers just hasn't done anything about it.

Thanks for the update.

I was hoping  that another very direct error report on their community forum might catch the eye of some Rogers tech support guy or gal who cares.

From other reports it seems to be entirely a Rogers problem:

1. The Rogers Internet and mobile app may be reading the data from the PVR hard drive incorrectly, (it is reading old TV shows which were deleted from view but still on the PVR hard drive similar to the Trash Bin on a PC)

-- and/or --

2. since some have reported the problem returns after the PVR hard drive is formatted, Rogers may be incorrectly reading/writing to the PVR hard drive over the network after a re-format/power-out condition. Thus, old TV shows are re-written on the PVR by Rogers.

Either way this is definitely a Rogers issue which they are ignoring since last year when I first read reports on this forum. Maybe the Rogers Cable PVR guys and Rogers app guys are pointing fingers at each other so the problem remains unsolved. Definitely not a way to run a railroad.

ROGERS - DOES ANYONE THERE READ YOUR FORUMS?

mousetamer
My old recordings are gone as of today. Maybe they finally fixed this on their end.

maybe its a sign they are updating the app!  Yeah, i know... dont get my hopes up 😛

mousetamer

Seems that Rogers did a system flush again and the app is only showing what is actually on both my PVRs. All the previously deleted recordings are gone. So are the shows I never recorded that were being shown anyways.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Mine is still showing stuff long since deleted 😞 even after a refresh in the app.

May sometime soon delete the app and the data to force it to pull again, see if that does it.
Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation