Remote TV Manager for Cisco 8642 box

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Remote TV Manager for Cisco 8642 box

Any news on when the Remote TV manager app will support the 8642 boxes?  After my 8300 boxes had problems, they were replaced with 8642 units, but naturally no one mentioned at the time that the new machines would have less functionality than the old boxes!  I've called a few times, and get as useful an answer as the website "coming soon" notice.  It's been over a year... and no end in sight!

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Remote TV Manager for Cisco 8642 box

You will get the same answer here as well. Everyone gets the " Coming soon" from every rep we speak too
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

In Rogers' terms "soon" is 'within this decade'.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I've been wondering the same thing for a while. I'm getting a little tired of waiting for this provider to "catch up" with technology. The disrespect to customers who bought the new box stripped of functions is disgusting. Why tease us with something only a handful of us can use anymore with this app? Keep in mind you've shafted everyone who upgraded to your new box, and "coming soon" isn't a release date.

By the by, Bell offers this service and it actually works. If you can deal with satellite... *sigh* Hulu, where are you?!
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Yes I was certainly disappointed after "upgrading" to the 8642 to discover that it can not be controlled by My Remote TV.

Really is about time Rogers caught up.  Strongly agree with other post the COMING SOON is NOT an acceptable release date.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Why is Rogers' failure to deploy a working product not in the news? I think it is a pretty major screw up by a big company and it should receive the attention it deserves. Make sure people know what they are buying into. Bell should take advantage too in their advertising. Not that I promote Bell, but anything that will make Rogers smarten up...
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Why is Rogers' failure to deploy a working product not in the news?

It is a working product.. .while some peeople DO have some ongoing issue.. there are others (myself) who does NOT have the same issues.  For me, its a working product.  Maybe a few bugs or so.. but i could point out bugs in the old IPG as well.

They have released possibly an INCOMPLETE or BUGGED product.. but it is a working product.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I want my old PVR back. NEXT sucks. Too slow. Remote Manager coming soon, wait another 10 years for an updated feature from Rogers.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I was told about 2 weeks ago while at he Rogers display at the home show that the 8642 remote manager was coming for the 8642 in about 2 weeks. Believe it was just the same old story line they tell you to get you to go away. He also said that the home security app for blackberry was coming out very soon, he said he saw an internal email to that effect......take a guess what that means......yup...... Go away and leave me alone!
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For the manager... who knows.. we've been promised it for a while 😛

But the blackbery.. i belevie even less!

I use a BB for work, as for email in that sense, most secure, monitored, etc.. i 100% agree with that usage.
But otherwise.. for apps, etc.. the BB BLOWS.  They upgrade their OS with every new phone out... and the old devices often can not upgrade to that OS.

The app makers dont keep up, or have issues with keeping up with the OS changes.. very few apps work across multiple BB OS's which require them to re-write the app again.

I do have to admit this is where Apple and Android are overcomming the market in terms of app and support.