Remote TV Manager for Cisco 8642 box

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Remote TV Manager for Cisco 8642 box

So 8642 Remote manager didn't come two weeks from when the Rogers rep said it was coming...Not two months either...Maybe two years if we're lucky.

@Andy007 wrote:
I was told about 2 weeks ago while at he Rogers display at the home show that the 8642 remote manager was coming for the 8642 in about 2 weeks. Believe it was just the same old story line they tell you to get you to go away. He also said that the home security app for blackberry was coming out very soon, he said he saw an internal email to that effect......take a guess what that means......yup...... Go away and leave me alone!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Maybe he was confused as to what was going through??

The two major things (other than the new guide issues that people have) that the 8642 is missing from the old one, was the caller ID, and the app control.

The caller ID is now available.  So maybe thought both were?  The last connected magazine from rogers, said the new boxes are suposed to work with the app.  That makes me think that it was suposed to be update.. but they havent been able to get it going yet 😞  I would really love to use the app.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I still wish that this thing would work properly with even with the 8300. As it stands, it keeps showing about 20 shows which I deleted long ago, some over a year ago. I tried all the tricks I learned here and elsewhere, but I simply can't get them to stop showing. And no, I'm not about to call Rogers to waste more time with technical support since I already did that twice.
I'm a Senior Advisor

@mousetamer try taking out the HDD and formatting it then putting it back in... Then the 8300 will think it's a new drive and format it for the pvr. You will lose anything you have recorded but at least it will be clean.. While your at it might as well upgrade the HDD to 500GB.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already did the formatting "fix" and no luck. It has to do with something on their end because I even left the PVR unplugged, deleted the shows through the app and the website link, waited about 1/2 hour and they were back in the app and the site. The PVR sat disconnected the whole time. Plus, as I mentioned above, they fixed this prob for me before over the phone but it took about 30 minutes each time and I already wasted enough time dealing with them with this and other Nextbox problems.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

To me, sounds more like an APP issue showing the recordings.. not clearing its memory.

It may be that since it shows the old stuff on the Rogers site, my Galaxy Nexus, and my old iPhone 3G. That is 3 different platforms hence my belief that it is a Rogers issue.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Oh, so all 3 show it? Huh.

Well hopefuly the promised NEW one that works with the new box.. hopefuly is completely different..  but thats probably getting my hopes up 😛

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

it's been over a year! what's the deal? for real?

I've Been Around

I agree ... This is supposed to be their newer box too is it not?