Remote PVR on the new Cisco 8642 PVR's

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Remote PVR on the new Cisco 8642 PVR's

Anyone have any information as to when the Remote PVR will be available for the new PVR's? I know its available for the old 8300 series, but it would be nice for us to be able to program our PVR's via Remote... this really is bad when these boxes have been out for so long and they still dont have this feature added on yet. Why does Rogers take so long to have something updated or added?? So if anyone has any info on this please advise.. we would be nice to see this feature on the new Cisco PVR's

Thanks

Smiley Happy

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Remote PVR on the new Cisco 8642 PVR's

Thats quite a possibility.

Its nice to see that Rogers isnt the only one in the boat.

Trying to help my uncle with Bell.

Bells remote app, only works with the reg satalite.. not with Fibe yet 😛

I could have really used the remote app this week, while away on vacation

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

My guess is right before the cows come home. They have been saying soon for over a year. Maybe they are waiting for more of the 8642s to be deployed since the majority of the pvrs out there are the 8300.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats quite a possibility.

Its nice to see that Rogers isnt the only one in the boat.

Trying to help my uncle with Bell.

Bells remote app, only works with the reg satalite.. not with Fibe yet 😛

I could have really used the remote app this week, while away on vacation

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

ok we need to get this Remote PVR working on the new Cisco Boxes, or Nextboxes as they are called, It sucks that we want to use remote PVR when away from home, but cant even do that as it is not available on the nextboxes yet... I mean they have been shoving these new boxes on us like there is no tomorrow, but they are not providing us with some features that are needed. Also it is all cool that we can access the recordings on the PVR from another HD terminal in the house, but what about having an update to allow us to do more with the HD terminals, like Pause live TV and rewind Live TV not just from the PVR but also from the HD terminals, Bell Fibe TV has this and it is awesome, If Rogers does not get a move on improving the features needed for this new Whole Home PVR then I am going back to Bell Fibe TV.... Hope someone who works for bell reads this and does something about this issue. it seems alot of people are complaining..

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Out of curiousity, does anyone know of any physical/hardware reasons why the 8642 still doesn't have this feature?

Is it really that much different from the 8300?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't think its the boxes itself, but Rogers staff that are too slow in doing anything, funny how if someone is ever late by a day i their payments they will call you the very next day to ask for their money, but when **bleep** like this is important for the customers no one ever does anything, they dont care about their customers, thats what I have noticed, They better be careful, cause once Bell Fibe TV is up and running in all of Toronto, I will say 80% of the customers on Rogers will jump to Bell Fibe TV, it hasnt happened yet cause it is not yet available in all of toronto, but give it another year or so, and you will see the drop in rogers customers, I have been with Fibe and it is a difference from night to day... we are talking in every aspect of the Entertainment deal... Fibe TV rules... too bad I had to move or I would of still had them.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

At this time we have no specific date as to when this feature will be available.

However, we'll make sure to keep everyone posted when there's any news on that end.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I say people, start calling Bell to get Bell Fibe and this crap wont be happening....

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

i cant stand bell fibe. joey, the point is, even bel fibe is garbage, theyre not even fibre optic, they still use copper wire into the house.

i would not jump ship to another tv company because of some crap feature that allows me to remote control my pvr, that is EXTRA service, and i accept it as an added bonus, its not the deciding factor, and if it was, then i hate to tell u we did not reach that part of life with technology to depend on those, i still think were years behind. i dont mind waiting, good things come to ppl who wait

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

8642 PVR coming soon

Rogers must speak a different language than English:

Soon

Definition: in the near future Synonyms: anonany minute now, before long, betimes, byand by, coming down the pike, directlyearly,ere long, expeditiously, fastfleetly, forthwith,hastilyin a little while, in a minute, in a second,in a short time, in due time, in short order, intime, instantlylickety-split, on timeposthaste,presentlypromptlypronto, quickquickly,rapidlyshortshortlyspeedily