Rejected Calls vs Unanswered Calls

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Rejected Calls vs Unanswered Calls

Is there a way to distinguish between a truly unaswered call (that was let to ring till it stops), and a call that I reject (stop the ringing by moving the ringing bell onto the red target on my android phone). I would like such rejected calls not to go to voicemail, which as a rule results into silence, for which I have to pay 35 cents for accessign voicemail.

I have not found any option on my phone to block individual numbers.

Thank you,

mk

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: Rejected Calls vs Unanswered Calls

Why is your whole message a link?

@RogersHassam can you correct that please?

Secondly, @mirekk

Depending on the phone there is an icon for missed call, answered call, and dialed calls.

If you block a number, it won't actually ring the phone at all, and it will not be in your logs.

Edit: Can you tell me what phone you use? Which will help me direct you how to block numbers? Phone Model and/or OS would be helpful!

Plus any other clarification you want to add to your question! Thanks. 🙂

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

The link is there possibly how I copied in there the text. I coudn't get rid of the link (first time here, sorry for that).

The problem is, I cannot block individual numbers on my phone.That's why I am looking for other ways to choose which numbers to reject (repetitive automatic calls from a number which leave no messages).

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Rejected Calls vs Unanswered Calls.

It's a Chinese phone, a Redmi Note clone.

Model number: 111wv82_jbl_qhd_a138, Android 4.4.2, Kernel version 3.4.67,

Build number 111wv82_jbl_qhd_a138_20140804

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Great, so its an Android 4.2 at the least.
If you have a contact you want to block you can go into that contact (or that log) and hold their number and it will ask you to put it in "block" or "spam" numbers.
Example: "Add to Block List" / "Add to Spam Numbers"
The words may be different but that's how the number is blocked.
If that number calls you, the phone will not ring, and there won't be any logs on call logs to show it called you.
It completely ignores it.
There is options on ROGERS as well to do this.
Using Rogers One Number you can custom build a block list or if you have the old (no longer offered) feature Call Manager, you can do the same.

Either way, Using Rogers Rogers One Number or Call Manager, is better because if you switch phones or if the phone is off, it won't even go to voicemail.

Downside to having the phone block it, is that it will still go to Voicemail. (Blocked numbers are treated as if the phone is off/rejecting call). It won't ring for them.

Hope this helps!

If I have helped you in anyway, kindly click the "Like" button and also if I have solved - Click The Solved button! 😄

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the reply. It helped me to learn more about he phone. I had to add the number to the contacts, and then in the contacts (but not before in the phone log) I really found the option to block the incoming calls.

But it is not really a complete solution for me, because it will still go into the Voice mail, as you wrote, which I wanted to avoid.

As for the Rogers One Number, can I use it with the Prepaid account? I have just the "talk All Day" paygo plan right now.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @mirekk,

This is what I was able to find online: "Rogers One Number is not available with Rogers prepaid service or to business corporate or government customers."

There is more information available regarding the Rogers One Number here. Open the link, scroll all the way down and click "see full details". 

Hope this helps 🙂

RogersHassam 

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@RogersHassam I am not well versed with Prepaid phones, but do they get acess to Call Manager? Because that would still help if Rogers One Number is not available.

and @mirekk no problem, definitely here to help you out. Only way to avoid voicemail is Rogers One Number or Call Manager (Which is discontinued, but I don't know about Prepaid).

If the only option you have is to block the numbers via Contact list, then your voicemail will be filled up pretty quick with empty messages. Which is unfortunate as we are trying to avoid that 😞
Boop -__-"
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

It's my advice if you want to cheap out on PayGo, cancel voicemail, because if you don't make or receive many calls, that will eat up your balance. With no voicemail, you don't have to worry about calls you don't answer.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Can't you program voicemail so that it's automatically discarded if it's empty? If you can converst voice to text, then you must be easily able to determine that a voicemail is empty (the sound level is about constant).