Regular Cable Channel Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Regular Cable Channel Issues

If Rogers just switched everything on basic cable over to digital without accomodating customers without digital boxes, or charged for the adapters, they would lose a lot of customers.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Is the Analog to digital in the end, a FORCED thing? Yes..

But thats why they are giving the free DTAs.  They are trying to make it as close to the same as they can.

Unfortunately, digital boxes with TV, are a necessary evil in a digital invironment.  A few of the cable companies, rogers included, are the last few who were providing TV without the need of a box.. every other form of TV (bar free OTA antenna) has required a digital box on each tv, since inception.

Cap07
I'm an Enthusiast

I'm getting fed up with technology and I'm giving serious thought to living without TV.
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That is an option too 🙂

Specialy if its not something you watch a lot of, it's an extra cost. There are other forms of entertainment 🙂

I sometimes wish I could too, would make life simpler :). But hard when I am a techie 😛

BigJug
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I think Rogers was very smart to deal with the removal of analogue line-up the way they did - by removing 1 or 2 at a time here and there.  I honestly thought that they were going to flip a switch and shut analogue off in one fell swoop.  I remember seeing the US commercials a little while back when they were removing the Over the Air signals (I believe thats what it was) and it made me feel like by this date - that was it, all (US OTA) signals are gone... and thought that was exactly what was going to happen here when it was time...  but that would have wreaked havok on customers and technichians of Rogers.  So it was a good way to approach it.

Archie_rob
I'm Here A Lot

Regular Cable Channel Issues

I have rogers VIP cable and have one tv on an HD box and one tv on a HDPVR. Both tv's get all the HD channels and regular channels they a supposed to with no issues. However in the bedroom I have a 26" Dynex hdtv plugged directly into the wall outlet, and the problem is i get channels 2-42,, but then the ones above are blank like HGTV and the food network. Again i get those with no issues on the other tv wi th these channels. Any help would be very appreciated.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As has been discribed in this thread numerious times, you are missing those channels, as that TV is connected via analog.

All analog TV is disapearing.. and rogers is removing eventualy all the channels, taking away 1-3 channels every month is seems.

(they are remvoing the analog channels, as they take up ALOT more space than digital, and nothing is diretly broadcasting analog anymore over the air, etc).

If you dont want to rent/buy another full box, there is one option, which will give you pretty much the full channel set, and is FREE.

Contact rogers, and order a DTA.

ITs a VERY basic digital box.. pretty much an inline cable in cable out box, with its own remote.
It will not give you HD, etc... but it will give you channel 1-60 ish.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

there is no reason to connect the coaxial cable directly to the tv no more, were not in 1979 any more, technology has advanced, we dont use rotory phones no more so why are we using analog for tv transmissions? lets move forward please

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Yes Pauly technology has advanced, but not always for the better.  If you want all the bells and whistles, then the new tecnology is a benefit, but for some of us old dinasours, analog was cheaper and rarely was there a problem with the reception, no interuptions of viewing for download and updates and no extra equipment need .  On the customer end, rotary phones worked just fine and 30+ years since the introduction of touch tone we are stil paying an extra fee that was intended to help fund the switch from the old tecnology to the new.

Ah progress. Smiley Happy

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

LOL! I held off paying for the touchtone for years, until they made it mandatory and charged me anyway. But seriously, bandwidth is the reason given for going digital so more channels can be added, but we already have too many. 95% of the channels on digital cable are garbage or duplications.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario