Refurbished Replacement Program.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmegrian
I've Been Here Awhile

Refurbished Replacement Program.

i recently bought a samsung galaxy s4 on a 2-year contract about 4 months ago. the phone stopped working so i called rogers and they told me i would be eligible for a replacement.

they agreed to send me a new phone and i was told to send my broken phone back to rogers where they would asses the damage and determine if it is covered under warranty. if any customer induced damage that is not covered by warranty was found then i would be charged for the cost of the replacement.  

i recieved my replacement today. the employee ASSURED me that the replacement model would be shipped to me WITH a receipt indicating the price of the refurbished phone. THIS DID NOT HAPPEN!

how can rogers say i will be charged for the replacement when they dont even list the price? i called rogers on two seperate occasions and every single employee told me they could not tell me the price of the phone. i was transferred about 10 times and waited on the phone for over an hour each time and never got anything close to answer

my question is: HOW MUCH DOES A REFURBISHED SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 COST?!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Refurbished Replacement Program.

Hello jmegrian

The rep made a mistake. You won't get a receipt until the asses the damage. If they find you didn't damage the phone, you won't get charged anything plus they won't send you anything. You will just keep the phone the shipped you. You did a exchange with them which means you send yours back and keep the one you have.

A refurbished S4 could cost $499+ depending on the pricing Rogers has. No one here can give you that info.
jmegrian
I've Been Here Awhile

if i send in my old broken phone and they tell me that it is not covered under warranty, do i have the choice to return the refurbished model and get my broken phone back without being charged?

jmegrian
I've Been Here Awhile

has anyone here on this forum received a replacement galaxy s4? if so, how much did it cost you?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jmegrian

I use this program most of the time and never got charged unless they found damage that i did. That is the ONLY time they will charge you.

I don't think so as they will charge you the amount of the refurbished S4 you got. For the amount, you need to contact Rogers tech support. They will tell you.

Also they must of sent you papers with the device saying the price and all. Check the box it came with.