cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refurbished Galaxy S2 Turns itself off

MB82
I Plan to Stick Around

So I recently had to trade in my phone because the touch screen was no longer working.

I received a refurbished phone the other day in the mail, Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE. I woke up this morning to find the the phone had turned itself off. It took my a long time to turn it back on (i.e. had to hold the power button for over 30 sec). Over the cores of the day it turned off twice more. (make that 3 times as it just turned itself off again)

I haven’t installed battery saving apps or anything, which is what a Google search showed me could be the problem. The only apps I installed are:

Temple Run

Sound Hound

Hotmail

Cartoon Camera

Flashlight

Can someone please tell me what is going on. As this is getting very frustrating.

****Edited Labels****

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Refurbished Galaxy S2 Turns itself off

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello MB82

Try doing a factory reset on the phone & add ONLY the apps you really need. See if that happens again. It could be that the phone has issues as well.

MB82
I Plan to Stick Around

So I did the factory reset, on adding the Hotmail app. It seems to be working fine, but the phone randomly restarts itself.

To be honest, what is the point of having a smart phone if I can't have the apps I want on it. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello MB82

Yea I have heard many people saying the S2 LTE restarts it selfs some times. I read that on XDA and a few other sites a while ago.

It does suck because I am sure u like the phone but hate having to go threw all this. I would suggest calling Tech support and having them send you out another S2 LTE. You never know, the one u have now could be faulty.

MB82
I Plan to Stick Around

I have had this problem for the last little while. My phone randomly turns it'self off and vibrates every few seconds. In order to get the phone back on again I normally press the power button several times. I oriignally thought it might be a stuck power button, but it is happening while I am just doing things on the touch screen.

I have no idea why it is doing this but it has become more frequent and very annyoing. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

Hi 

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation