Refund never processed by Rogers, Given the Run Around, Very Poor Customer Service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Refund never processed by Rogers, Given the Run Around, Very Poor Customer Service

I had a credit on my account which has since been closed; I requested a refund cheque for this amount May 11th.  I was told this process takes 6-8 weeks.  Once 8 weeks was up I called Rogers as we hadn't received anything.  I was told on July 8th all the notes were on my file but the customer service rep did not actually make the request.  A rush was put on the refund and was suppose to be sent out the following day July 9th.  The customer service rep who at the time I thought was great assured me she would call me back on July 15th to see if I received the cheque.  Of course there’s no cheque and I received no call back as guaranteed.

I have a new account since March with Rogers and have had nothing but one problem after another with billing issues.  Trying to close the old account I thought would be easy.

I am beyond frustrated with the lack of accountability with customer service.  I tried lodging a complaint this morning with Management but was told they were busy and would call me back shortly.  I had to laugh, this is one reason I'm complaining, lack of follow through with returning calls.  I can only hope Management will call back but you can’t blame me for not believing it. 

If I don’t pay my bill in a timely manner I am charged interest.  I have now waited 9 weeks patiently but am being told it will be another 3 weeks.  If it was mailed out July 9th which this morning was confirmed to me why would it take another 3 weeks? 

How can a customer service rep spend 2 hours on the phone with me confirming my refund in May then never put the request through?  Who is in charge of training these reps?  Why do reps promise to follow up with you and never do?  This will be the 4th rep to do so since March.  And what recourse do I have to ensure I receive my money in timely manner as Rogers received there’s? 

****Edit Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Refund never processed by Rogers, Given the Run Around, Very Poor Customer Service

The cheque finally came on Friday July 17th, I will call into Rogers today when able to let them know as well

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Refund never processed by Rogers, Given the Run Around, Very Poor Customer Service

@kells79

I am sorry to hear of your most recent experience with us. Smiley Sad

The standard process is 6-8 weeks. I am very surprized that you did not get your refund cheque yet. If you would like I can have an expert from communityhelps reach out to you via PM, and confirm that your refund has been sent. Please keep an eye on your inbox for a PM.

Thank you 

RogersAliciaG

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The cheque finally came on Friday July 17th, I will call into Rogers today when able to let them know as well

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@kells79

I am happy to hear you got your cheque! Smiley Wink

Thank you for updating us.

RogersAliciaG