Redeeming points from Platinum Master card

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Redeeming points from Platinum Master card

You are kidding me - right?

Are you reading  post up in this site???

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @rokoko2004,

I can definitely understand the inconveniences of your situation.

So far I understand you're having an issue redeeming points from your Rogers Platinum Master card for paying your monthly bill. I see you've already contacted Rogers bank at 1-855-775-2265 and they referred you to contact Rogers wireless (Billing & Payments) for paying your bill to redeem your Rogers Platinum Master points.

I'd like to shed some light on the process with the following requested steps:

Step 1: If you already haven't done so you'll need to setup a login on the Rogers Bank website here
Step 2: Log into your Rogers Bank online service to set the amount points you wish to put towards your next payment
Step 3: You'll use your Rogers Platinum Master card to make the payment towards you monthly bill and the set amount of points you made will automatically go towards the next payment made showing you the credited amount.

You don't need to call Rogers bank unless you need help with the following:
• Setting up your Rogers Bank login.
• If you are locked out of your Rogers Bank sign-in
• If you need assistance with managing and redeeming / setting the amount of points you'd like to use

* Please keep in mind the Rogers Bank sign-in has nothing to do with the Rogers.com sign-in if you are having issues getting anything to work in the Rogers Bank online service and you have already tried other browsers and another computer. Contact Rogers bank again and have them look into getting your technical issues with your online service resolved.

I've already sent you a private message from @CommunityHelps. Should you need further assistance please reply to my PM, check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Hope the steps help,
RogersArthur

I've Been Here Awhile

I got a Rogers credit card when I signed up with Fido a coupe of months ago.  The entire reason I got that credit card was to use it to pay my Fido bill monthly but nothing else.

When I first signed up they offered me a $25 for signing up and another $25 for using my credit credit for the first time.  I did just that and now I have $50+ worth of points that I could redeem.  My Fido bill is a bit over $15 a month but when I called Rogers Bank I was told I couldn't use the reward points to pay my bill because it's under $20, a minimum amount to redeem.  I don't appreciate this practice of theirs and I probably will cancel my credit card just to make a point.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Sourdoughgirl

The terms of the credit card are pretty clear in that you need a minimum of $20, however, I would have thought that you'd be able to apply $20 (or more) to your balance which would give you a credit going into the next month.  I suggest you call them back (or send them a note) discussing this option.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for your reply.

The guy who signed me up told me about this reward feature but never mentioned I had to redeem $20 at the minimum. The way he put it was more like the reward credits would become a balance on my card for future payments. I guess, instead of listening to him, I should have read the entire agreement before signing up.

Anyway, I agree with the notion that I should be able to redeem $20 to cover a lesser amount and that the balance should become a credit for the next month. I will take on your suggestion and call them again.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

How to redeem rogers mastercard points toward an EXISTING rogers purchase

I had a Plantium MC and accumulated a bunch of points. I bought an ipad on Monday in Rogers store, and was told that I could later use my points toward the purchase. However, so far I find no way to do that. There is simply no such option that allow me to use points toward that purchase. Can somebody help me out?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I would have thought that any "points" you have with MC would be "credited" to your Rogers Bills once per month.  For example, each month I Auto-pay Rogers for my Cable Bill and the "points" are credited to that bill on a specific day each month (same day as the Rogers bill.

There is nothing that I need to do - it's automatic.  I'm not sure if the same applies to purchases at a Rogers Store, however, if that is part of your Rogers bills and if you "auto-pay" then the "points credit" should appear the same way it has for you in previous months.  I cannot swear that this is the case for Rogers Store purchases and you didn't say if you were set up to "auto-pay" your Rogers bills.