Redeeming The Rogers First Rewards Points

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Redeeming The Rogers First Rewards Points

Good day @barndoor,

After listening to our customers and assessing their evolving needs, we have decided to discontinue the Rogers First Rewards program due to low participation, and to re-focus our efforts on creating more value for our customers. 

You will stop earning points in December 1, 2015 and you will have until June 30, 2016  to use your points.

The website is no longer available as the Rogers First Rewards portal has now been merged with your MyRogers profile.

Sans titre.png

Thank you for sharing this information @Gdkitty.

Keep in mind, that whether you upgrade by phone, with one of our representative, or directly in store, you can redeem your points based on the conditions established (see above for more info Smiley Wink).

Hope this helps! 

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

does anyone know where my points went?!, i log in once to twice a month, i have never spent them and they say they never expire. i had been saving them for something on the list and now they are gone!!!! not happy

Good day @Toddith,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums!

What page are you visiting to access your Rogers First Rewards account?

They should technically not have been impacted yet since the program is only discontinued completely in June 2016.

How can you tell they are gone, if they have not been redeemed?

Please provide us with further information, we certainly want to help! Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

I would like to note that I just got off the phone with ROGERS. They used ALL my points toward an upgrade. 5375 points for a $53.75 credit. 

So this is good, but different than what was posted by RogersMaude. 

Also they REFUSED to apply the credit before adding taxes. I was charged tax on the amount before the points were used. (Tax on thin air... Not cool) 

This is BAD and different from RogersMaude again.... 

How can we all get equal treatment? 

Rogers never same deal for all customers 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I had 21000+ points when i did my recent upgrade.. i SHOULD have only been able to use like 20,000 for a $200 credit, but was able to use more.

I am assuming, they are allowing MORE to be used right now, so people can more just use them up before they are gone.

As for the tax thing.

The credit, is not a COUPON, which would then take place on the total BEFORE taxes.

The points redeme pretty much like CASH then towards paying it.

The phone, is charged at WHATEVER price on your bill (yes plus tax), then you get the points back on a seperate spot at a credit.. like you paid that extra amount on its own seperately from when you pay the rest of your bill.

I've Been Around

Hi there, i would like to purchase the iphone outright from rogers and not get the subsidized phone.

Can i use the rogers reward points to redeem for the phone price, or is it only eligible for hardware upgrade.

What is the difference between buying from rogers and apple store? any sugestions?

With Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I beleive that they can only be use towards the hardware upgrade and not FULL.. but i COULD be wrong Smiley Happy

Other than that.. if you ARE looking to buy outright, might be better to get from APPLE direct. 

That way, the phone is unlocked from the begining.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mlee1021

Unfortunately you can not use the Rogers rewards point if you are buying a device outright. The points can be used if u will be getting a device on a subsidy price on 2 year term plan.

Ape will be the best as you will get a fully unlocked device. Buying it outright from Rogers it won't be unlocked and u must pay $50 unlocking fee.
I've Been Around

I am having 1833 points how can I redeem my points

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

@Piara The easiest way is to just login to your MyRogers account and go under the rewards section, and figure out what you would like, and just redeem them there. You'll be able to earn points up until December so you could always wait and save up for something.