cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redeeming The Rogers First Rewards Points

kevinsnavarro
I've Been Here Awhile

I do not understand why I can't redeem 1500 points of my Rogers First Rewards points for my plan. I called Rogers 4 times already stating I can redeem points towards the 2GB of data. What is the big deal? I feel like I made a wrong decision getting this Rogers First Rewards Credit card and not unlocking my phone to go to another carrier. I mean what am I going to use my 10000 points for, the Shopping Channel? lol

***Edited Labels***

Kevin Navarro
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Redeeming The Rogers First Rewards Points

Hi @kevinsnavarro

I have had a member of the @CommunityHelps team reach out to you via private message so we can look into this. Please check your inbox on the Community Forums.

RogersAsif

View solution in original post

112 REPLIES 112

RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @kevinsnavarro

Welcome to the Community. 

10,000 points! Nice! Smiley Wink

You should have access to redeem 1,500 points for the 2gb of data protection for your Rogers wireless plan.

I would like to help you get your 2gb of data protection.

Is your wireless account enrolled to the same Rogers First Rewards account as your Rogers Credit card?

You can confirm this by clicking on the Membership tab inside the Rogers First Rewards account.

If not let us know I can have an expert from @CommunityHelps  send you a PM, and have a look into your Rogers First Rewards account.

Regards,

RogersAliciaG

Yes, they are on the same account.Account.pngData.pngAlso, on top of data, I cant even redeem unlimited long distance.

Long Distance.png

Kevin Navarro

Hi @kevinsnavarro

I have had a member of the @CommunityHelps team reach out to you via private message so we can look into this. Please check your inbox on the Community Forums.

RogersAsif

View solution in original post

Slowly but surely ;), Thank you Rogers for reaching out to me, you have solved my problem! I can happily redeem those rewards now!!!!! And no Shopping channel YAYY 🙂

Kevin Navarro

Thank you for your feedback Smiley Wink

We appreciate that you took the time to update the Community on the outcome.

RogersMaude

CChen
I've Been Here Awhile

Why can't I redeem First Rewards points for the Wireless Device Upgrade?

I'm wondering why I can't redeem some of my Rogers First Rewards points for the Wireless Device Upgrade. This starts at 2,500 points for $25 off, and I have over 11,000 points, so I should be able to redeem some of them. (Also, incidentally, my current device balance is 0.) However, there is no "Redeem" button/link for this reward, so I'm assuming that for some reason I'm ineligible for it. But why???

Good afternoon @CChen,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums!

We understrand the inconveniences of not being able to redeem your points for a credit on your hardware upgrade.

• Are you unable to redeem your wireless Rogers First Rewards due to an Error Message?

For example : "There's a problem processing this transaction".

Please note that points cannot be redeemed if:

• Your account has a past due balance of $50 or more, owing for over a billing cycle. This can block redemption on any of the accounts under the same Account holder.
  • The account has a pending deactivation.

Let us know if you would like us to take a deeper look into this.

Our @CommunityHelps team would have the ability to reach out to you directly!

RogersMaude

CChen
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for answering, @RogersMaude. My bills are paid via pre-authorized credit, so there's never been anything past due that I know of, and no deactivation is planned, so it can't be either of those scenarios.

On the catalogue page for Wireless Device Upgrade, there is no button or link I can click on to "redeem" (or "add to wishlist", for that matter), unlike every other First Rewards catalogue page.

This is the page I'm looking at:

https://rogersfirstrewards.rogers.com/en/private/rewards_catalogue/reward_details/www_reward_details...

If you can look into this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Good evening @CChen,

Thank you for replying, and confirming this information Smiley Wink

I am under the impression that your wireless account might not be properly linked to your Rogers First Rewards membership profile.

I am confident we will have the ability to help you resolve this !

I will have someone from the @CommunityHelps team reach out to you via Private Message.

Look out for the message in your inbox !

To do so, click on the envelope icon on the top right corner of this page.

RogersMaude

gaband27
I Plan to Stick Around

I also have the same issue, I can redeem my points for every reward EXCEPT the wireless device upgrade. Given that I would like to preorder the new iPhone 6S this weekend it would be nice to be able to redeem my points (over 9,000) for this online.

Also, where did the $50 bill credit reward go?

tresfou
I've Been Here Awhile
well, it's obvious why this program is going away - Rogers seems to make it impossible to do anything with the points that you get. Anything remotely worthwhile is removed, replaced with things like 30,000 points for a dinner. whoop-dee-doo..

The bill credit disapeared... not sure why it was taken away..

As for the wireless upgrade.. my understanding was that it was STILL available.
It still i there on the site.. no REDEEM button though.

BUT.. i dont think that you can redeem it in the same way.. would have to be done by the person doing the upgrade for you.

Good evening @tresfou,

Welcome to the Forums and Thank you for your post!

I just wanted to shed some light on how the Rogers First Rewards could be redeemed towards a hardware upgrade :

• You can redeem a minimum of 2,500 points ($25) and up to 150,000 points ($1,500) per line. Points may only be redeemed in increments of $25 and may not exceed the purchase price of the device.
  • Taxes are calculated on the final cost of the hardware upgrade after the Rogers First Rewards redemption (e.g. if you redeem $25 in points towards a $50 hardware upgrade, you are taxed on the final price of $25). 
  • Example:
    • If you have 7,000 points and you want to purchase a $99 device. Because the cost of the device is more than your points total ($70), you can max out your points. You are not limited to the $25 increment.
    • However, if the device costs $49, then you can only apply $25 toward the hardware upgrade because of the minimum of 2,500 points ($25).

Your current points balance

Hardware cost
(post subsidy)

Can you use points toward the Hardware Upgrade?

Can you use all your points toward the Hardware Upgrade?

Can you use a partial amount of points toward the Hardware Upgrade?

$199

No – you have less than the required minimum of 2,500 points

N/A

N/A

$199

Yes – you have more than 2,500 points

Yes you can use all 5,222 points, applying $52.22 toward your Hardware Upgrade        

Yes, but only in increments of 2,500 points (e.g. $25 / $50)

$49

Yes – you have more than 2,500 points

Because you have more points than the value of the phone, the maximum you can apply towards the phone is $25

Yes, but only in increments of 2,500 points (e.g. $25)

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

If I want to redeem some of my points for a new iphone 6s, can I still reserve it via the reservation system online, or do I have to wait until it is released and speak to someone on the phone?  

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @winnie78

Yes u can. The reservation wont stop u from using the points. You can still reserve it, go to the store & when u pick it up, ask them to use the points.

Good to know. Smiley Very Happy

I'm interested in the 64GB iPhone 6S and have close to 11,000 reward points. If I understand this correctly, I could redeem them and reduce the cost by $100+ depending on my balance at the time. I'm not going to rush into the upgrade and will wait until all the excitement dies down and the phone is readily available and not on a reservation list. By that time, I may have even more points, but I'm not sure if Rogers has stopped adding them altogether. I think my balance has remained unchanged for the last month or 2.

Does anyone know if our points will expire if we don't use them by a certain time? I find it strange that Rogers has not notified its customers that this program is ending. The only reason I know about it is because of these forums.Smiley Sad

barndoor
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@CChen wrote:

Thanks for answering, @RogersMaude. My bills are paid via pre-authorized credit, so there's never been anything past due that I know of, and no deactivation is planned, so it can't be either of those scenarios.

On the catalogue page for Wireless Device Upgrade, there is no button or link I can click on to "redeem" (or "add to wishlist", for that matter), unlike every other First Rewards catalogue page.

This is the page I'm looking at:

https://rogersfirstrewards.rogers.com/en/private/rewards_catalogue/reward_details/www_reward_details...

If you can look into this, it would be greatly appreciated.

OK ... just curious why this link doesn't work anymore? I used it a couple days ago and  it took me to an info page  on the first rewards.  Now it has changed. 

@jimboden if I recall correctly the rewards points expire june 30/ 2016  but please don't take my word for it  and check up on it to be sure.

aojsn
I Plan to Stick Around

i've reserved a new iphone 6s plus through rogers and i have about 12,500 rogers first reward points i'd like to use against the cost of the upgrade to the new phone on an existing line. how do i apply those points for a $125 credit when the device is charged to me?

do i call? i'm confused.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

How did you reserve it?

With the basic home reservation.. when you reserve it, its sent to a STORE where you do the upgrade.

When you go into the store, they should be able to process the upgrade with the points there.

Good day @barndoor,

After listening to our customers and assessing their evolving needs, we have decided to discontinue the Rogers First Rewards program due to low participation, and to re-focus our efforts on creating more value for our customers. 

You will stop earning points in December 1, 2015 and you will have until June 30, 2016  to use your points.

The website is no longer available as the Rogers First Rewards portal has now been merged with your MyRogers profile.

Sans titre.png

Thank you for sharing this information @Gdkitty.

Keep in mind, that whether you upgrade by phone, with one of our representative, or directly in store, you can redeem your points based on the conditions established (see above for more info Smiley Wink).

Hope this helps! 

RogersMaude