Redeeming The Rogers First Rewards Points

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Redeeming The Rogers First Rewards Points

been there too.. good luck friend Smiley Wink

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Good Evening @rfj,

I want to assure you that we are aware that some customers did not receive their 1000 BYOD points for the month of November.

We have had a delay in issuing the bonus points for November and affected customers have been identified, so there is no further action required on your part.

The missing points will appear in your Rogers First Rewards account in the month of December. 

Have a great night!

@RogersGabrielle

I Plan to Stick Around

Problem solved. Do you know why the lump sum will be awarded only in January? If the program is cancelled as yesterday, it make more sense to give the points now. Anyway, thanks RogersGabrielle...
Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Hi @rfj,

Just want to chime in and provide some clarification for you in regards to the Rogers First Rewards program coming to an end.

Customers will stop earning points as of this month (December 2015), which is why the remainder of points that some customers may be entitled to through special promotions such as the BYOD, will be applied to your account as a bulk amount in January.  

You will then have until June of 2016 to use your points.

Hope this answers your question! 

@RogersGabrielle

I Plan to Stick Around

My rogers first rewards points will be transfered at the end of december into my platinium points for the new mastercard. But lump sum will be awarded in january. Maybe there is a communication problem between 2 department because it doesnt make sense to give the lump sum after the transfert of the points to the platinium program from rogers mastercard.

I've Been Around

I saved up points last year and got to 9,992 points... 8 points shy of 10,000.
Redeeming 10,000 points would allow me to get a bill credit for $75.

So i figured I can atleast use the reward for a $50 bill credit using 7,500 points.
But now when i looked on the rewards section, this specific reward is not available anymore.
Why is Rogers removing certain rewards near the closing of their reward system.
This is unfair treatment of customers.

Edit:
This issue was resolved after calling customer relations.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Got an interesting text on my wifes phone last night.

She was on a bring your own device plan.. which there was a promotion where over 12 months, you got 12000 points.
Dec was only like month 7..  figured with the cut off, that they we were not going to get the last remaining points.

The text said that the remaining amount due, had been put into the account (which i have verified have been)

Now to just use them up before june Smiley Happy

Highlighted
I've Been Around

When I go to redeem my rewards points the site never loads and I am unable to do anything. I have tried on IE and Google Chrome with the same result. I know the rewards program has been discontinued but I thought we were still able to redeem points for a few more months. Is anyone else having this problem?

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Hey Welcome to forums!

You are right. It can still be redeemed until June of this year. Just no more accumulation.

hmm trying different browser and same issue? The general troubleshooting would be to clear cache and all that fun stuff. (most people don't like doing it because it erases their history, but sometimes its needed).

The other option is to call Customer service as they can access your Rogers First Rewards points and help you through redemption process. They have the necessary tools to see where the error may be coming from if it isn't a browser error. (If it is to do with out account.)

However, I recommend browser cache/history clear.

I just checked mine by the way. And I can access on Firefox, Chrome and IE

Hope this info helps,
Cheers Smiley Happy

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

I found out something last night that I wasn't aware of and thought I'd share it with the community.

If you had a Rogers Reward Points Mastercard, and you had a point balance, you would've been sent a notice that the dollar value of the points were being changed to the new Platinum Mastercard unless you notified one of the agents in the Rogers Bank Service department. Otherwise all your points would be transferred to the card as cash back dollars (I think) and there is no way to revert them back, or so I'm told.

I don't deal with the credit card service, but this came up last night and this was information I was given to pass along to a customer. So if you see your points suddenly gone, this might be the reason.