Redeeming The Rogers First Rewards Points

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Redeeming The Rogers First Rewards Points

I also have the same issue, I can redeem my points for every reward EXCEPT the wireless device upgrade. Given that I would like to preorder the new iPhone 6S this weekend it would be nice to be able to redeem my points (over 9,000) for this online.

Also, where did the $50 bill credit reward go?

I've Been Here Awhile

well, it's obvious why this program is going away - Rogers seems to make it impossible to do anything with the points that you get. Anything remotely worthwhile is removed, replaced with things like 30,000 points for a dinner. whoop-dee-doo..
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The bill credit disapeared... not sure why it was taken away..

As for the wireless upgrade.. my understanding was that it was STILL available.
It still i there on the site.. no REDEEM button though.

BUT.. i dont think that you can redeem it in the same way.. would have to be done by the person doing the upgrade for you.

Good evening @tresfou,

Welcome to the Forums and Thank you for your post!

I just wanted to shed some light on how the Rogers First Rewards could be redeemed towards a hardware upgrade :

• You can redeem a minimum of 2,500 points ($25) and up to 150,000 points ($1,500) per line. Points may only be redeemed in increments of $25 and may not exceed the purchase price of the device.
  • Taxes are calculated on the final cost of the hardware upgrade after the Rogers First Rewards redemption (e.g. if you redeem $25 in points towards a $50 hardware upgrade, you are taxed on the final price of $25). 
  • Example:
    • If you have 7,000 points and you want to purchase a $99 device. Because the cost of the device is more than your points total ($70), you can max out your points. You are not limited to the $25 increment.
    • However, if the device costs $49, then you can only apply $25 toward the hardware upgrade because of the minimum of 2,500 points ($25).

Your current points balance

Hardware cost
(post subsidy)

Can you use points toward the Hardware Upgrade?

Can you use all your points toward the Hardware Upgrade?

Can you use a partial amount of points toward the Hardware Upgrade?

$199

No – you have less than the required minimum of 2,500 points

N/A

N/A

$199

Yes – you have more than 2,500 points

Yes you can use all 5,222 points, applying $52.22 toward your Hardware Upgrade        

Yes, but only in increments of 2,500 points (e.g. $25 / $50)

$49

Yes – you have more than 2,500 points

Because you have more points than the value of the phone, the maximum you can apply towards the phone is $25

Yes, but only in increments of 2,500 points (e.g. $25)

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

If I want to redeem some of my points for a new iphone 6s, can I still reserve it via the reservation system online, or do I have to wait until it is released and speak to someone on the phone?  

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @winnie78

Yes u can. The reservation wont stop u from using the points. You can still reserve it, go to the store & when u pick it up, ask them to use the points.
I'm an Advisor

Good to know. Smiley Very Happy

I'm interested in the 64GB iPhone 6S and have close to 11,000 reward points. If I understand this correctly, I could redeem them and reduce the cost by $100+ depending on my balance at the time. I'm not going to rush into the upgrade and will wait until all the excitement dies down and the phone is readily available and not on a reservation list. By that time, I may have even more points, but I'm not sure if Rogers has stopped adding them altogether. I think my balance has remained unchanged for the last month or 2.

Does anyone know if our points will expire if we don't use them by a certain time? I find it strange that Rogers has not notified its customers that this program is ending. The only reason I know about it is because of these forums.Smiley Sad

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@CChen wrote:

Thanks for answering, @RogersMaude. My bills are paid via pre-authorized credit, so there's never been anything past due that I know of, and no deactivation is planned, so it can't be either of those scenarios.

On the catalogue page for Wireless Device Upgrade, there is no button or link I can click on to "redeem" (or "add to wishlist", for that matter), unlike every other First Rewards catalogue page.

This is the page I'm looking at:

https://rogersfirstrewards.rogers.com/en/private/rewards_catalogue/reward_details/www_reward_details...

If you can look into this, it would be greatly appreciated.

OK ... just curious why this link doesn't work anymore? I used it a couple days ago and  it took me to an info page  on the first rewards.  Now it has changed. 

@jimboden if I recall correctly the rewards points expire june 30/ 2016  but please don't take my word for it  and check up on it to be sure.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

i've reserved a new iphone 6s plus through rogers and i have about 12,500 rogers first reward points i'd like to use against the cost of the upgrade to the new phone on an existing line. how do i apply those points for a $125 credit when the device is charged to me?

do i call? i'm confused.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

How did you reserve it?

With the basic home reservation.. when you reserve it, its sent to a STORE where you do the upgrade.

When you go into the store, they should be able to process the upgrade with the points there.