cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redboard lied?

Kane
I Plan to Stick Around

http://redboard.rogers.com/2010/iphone-4-launches-tomorrow-on-rogers/comment-page-4/

No where in the country did any Rogers have iPhones in. I took the day off work drove to the GTA and back and stopped by 2-3 dozen Rogers Stores. None of them knew about this and I showed them and they thought was strange....

Most them also said they never get shipments on a weekend...

Could someone explain why we were lied to?

Please note this not a post like I WANT A iPhone where but a post asking for us to get a explanation!

Thanks,
Kane Hart
http://twitter.com/kanehart

Feel free to Twitter me too since I'm going on the road till 11 tonight.

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Redboard lied?

brentw0
I've Been Here Awhile

Good Day Fellow Rogers Customers, And Any Rogers Reps Reading This:

I have to agree with the above comments.  This has been a customer service nightmare for Rogers, and for us patrons. 

I liked the 'over promise and under deliver' comment by an other user.  I've been through university level business school and have been working in an industry where excellent customer service is required for survival.  By blatantly lying to their customers by saying that there would be a shipment of iPhones to some stores on Saturday, this company has demonstrated that they do not comprehend basic business school principals.

By lying, and causing many people to spend a good portion of their Saturday trying to locate these stores that got shipments, Rogers owes us an apology and an explanation as to why they would post something like that knowing it was false.

I have yet to hear of anyone in any Canadian city, town or village that found a store that sold an iPhone 4 on Saturday.  I have yet to hear Rogers comment on this issue at all (except telling people that this forum is not the place to complain?! because this 'is not directly related to the technical support for the services or products [we] receive from Rogers'. 

So Rogers people that are reading this.  What’s the deal?  Why the lies?  Why the silence now?  If you ignore this, you’re doing a great injustice for Canadian customer service.  I wonder if Telus treats its customers as poorly…

Brent

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

rockpassions
I've Been Here Awhile

called every single store and even waited at a Rogers store for 8 hours and nothing...

theLiamM
I Plan to Stick Around

I feel like I've been lied to as well. Tried most of the Rogers stores in the Greater Vancouver area and none knew nothing about any stock coming in today. Most said they never receive stock on Saturdays. If you really want to be transparent Rogers 1. Give us the news bad and good. and 2. Give us the details so you don't waste our time. What "select" stores are getting stock and when.

wrwally
I've Been Around

Yeah rogers be a little more specific for once, or maybe prepare for an iphone launch for once. Even your employees are frustrated having people call in every 10 minutes  you could at least give them a little info. Any lawyers in these forums ? this has class action lawsuit potential

mark05
I've Been Here Awhile
Ya I'm totally disappointed with Rogers on this one.
Why would they officially say that there was a shipment coming on Saturday ? I didn't waste too much time because it seemed fishy to me in the first place but in the matter of principal, I'm pissed. I hate lies, really boils my blood.

We all pay into Rogers SOOO much and we deserve better customer service.

c_snapper
I've Been Here Awhile

i picked mine up on release date, but tried to help my buddy get one today given the blog post.

while i don't think they lied per se, i think rogers did a really poor job in expectation management.

i don't know what ground it would be a class action suit up above, it's very possible that some stores did get stock today, it's just not any of the stores that we tried.  I know that the downtown Toronto stores didn't get any, heard of a lot of online chatter that Montreal and Vancouver didn't get any.  Calgary & Edmonton were quite quiet, maybe they did get some.

if todays shipment was a local thing, maybe redboard with the national audience was not the best place to advertise it.

not that i demand an explanation, but i would like to see them explain to us what the heck happened

mark05
I've Been Here Awhile
I would also love an explanation.
The original redboard post suggested the shipment was coming Monday which makes more sense but then they updated the date to Saturday ... weird !

WyseOne
I've Been Around

Rogers is curently the only bussiness I know of that over promises and under delivers.

fshin
I've Been Around

Agree with most of above.

My BIG question is, why even set up expectations if you can't deliver?

I would have been satisfied with the Monday Aug 9 delivery, but to update the info to move the date UP,

sets the bar higher.

The management team needs to learn to UNDERpromise, then OVERdeliver, rather than continually disappoint.

This is a MAJOR fumble.

The worst thing is, I wasted a GORGEOUS Saturday morning camping out for the promise of an iphone4, when I could

have been spending it with loved ones.

JayC
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah it's getting annoying. Everyday without an iPhone 4 is...well a day without an iPhone 4. Just hope that on Monday the iPhone 4's arrive. If not then just keep calling your local Rogers Plus, Best Buy, etc. With any luck it'll just be a week or two till the majority of the stores have plenty of stock.

Kane
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah see this is not the first time I got screwed by the iPhone also the first day 30th lineup. I was about 16 or 17th in line and I was told over 20 phones and i would get one and they told people at like 21-22 or whatever their not be enough phones.

After hours and system crash their numbers went from like 20ish to 15ish and I got no phone lol.

I wish rogers would promiss less and provide more and make it feel good.

brentw0
I've Been Here Awhile

Good Day Fellow Rogers Customers, And Any Rogers Reps Reading This:

I have to agree with the above comments.  This has been a customer service nightmare for Rogers, and for us patrons. 

I liked the 'over promise and under deliver' comment by an other user.  I've been through university level business school and have been working in an industry where excellent customer service is required for survival.  By blatantly lying to their customers by saying that there would be a shipment of iPhones to some stores on Saturday, this company has demonstrated that they do not comprehend basic business school principals.

By lying, and causing many people to spend a good portion of their Saturday trying to locate these stores that got shipments, Rogers owes us an apology and an explanation as to why they would post something like that knowing it was false.

I have yet to hear of anyone in any Canadian city, town or village that found a store that sold an iPhone 4 on Saturday.  I have yet to hear Rogers comment on this issue at all (except telling people that this forum is not the place to complain?! because this 'is not directly related to the technical support for the services or products [we] receive from Rogers'. 

So Rogers people that are reading this.  What’s the deal?  Why the lies?  Why the silence now?  If you ignore this, you’re doing a great injustice for Canadian customer service.  I wonder if Telus treats its customers as poorly…

Brent

aaronlaity
I Plan to Stick Around
Hint: Telus iss way worse. lol

ItsCoeZy
I've Been Around

Have you ever thought that Rogers is a SERVICE provider, they don't manufacture the phones... From what I have heard, Apple is trying to keep up with the demand, and the Canadian Providers didn't get as many Iphones as they had hoped for.  I think Rogers has done the best they could with the Iphone Launch, given the availability of the Iphones from Apple.

Kane
I Plan to Stick Around

This is not really about Rogers not providing enough phones but Rogers lying about stock such as their be limited shipments on Saturday to stores. Not one person in the country on Twitter and several forums were able to find or hear anyone get their hands on 1.

In fact people found bell and telus and Virgin Mobile only 😞

aaronlaity
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, I'm sure Rogers has done the absolute best that it can as far as distributing the phones. Rogers is certainly not responsible for the shortage.

However, part of being a service provider in any industry is communicating with customers. That means giving them accurate information, in a timely manner. Rogers has screwed that part of this up very badly. They have no idea when and where there will be new phones (which is fine), but rather than tell anyone they don't know, they guess and then leave their customers confused once their guess turns out to be wrong (which is not fine); every Rogers rep seems to tell a different story about when phones are coming in, and their online resources are telling different stories again (why can't this company stay on message?).

If you go to an Apple store, the employees are upfront about supply, and you don't get a different story from each employee. Best Buy and Future Shop employees usually know when new phones are coming (and how many and approximately when), but when they don't... THEY TELL YOU THEY DON'T KNOW; they don't pretend that they do.

If Rogers would just throw together a bag of honesty and tell everyone that they just have no idea when they're getting phones, or how many, or where they're going, most of the vitriol would probably fly at Apple instead (which is where it really belongs). But as long as Rogers refuses to be upfront about supply, they'll get flak too.

Kane
I Plan to Stick Around

Even Future Shop does not know to much they have a better idea but their also sort of in the dark. I think they communicate better though and so have more accurate predication and such.

Give you an idea Future Shop usually get's their shipments in Tue and Thur. Now the iPhone does not come on that truck. It comes from I think Purolator and so it could come Monday - Friday.

It does suck since no one seams to keep some what track of what is coming in. I mean Rogers is hurting themselves by not being straight with us and say hey look we have 20,000 phones at launch and we have another 5,000 being distributed all over Canada.

Apple is unable to keep up with our demands but we will keep on NOT MONITORING THE SITUATION but keep you our Bosses who keep us in business notified on stock levels and approx numbers.

theLiamM
I Plan to Stick Around

No Rogers does the Allocation to stores themselves. I have an email from one of their reps that says as much. 

They assured me that they Allocated the stock they received from Apple to ensure every store across Canada received stock.  (Which in and of itself is false several local stores got no stock)

I don't believe there is a shortage. Bell, Telus and Virgin phones can be had without too much effort.  I've been stymied in my search a few times by a "Sorry no Rogers phones, Just bell or Telus" 

It's plain bad communication and posturing from Rogers plus I'm hazarding a guess that they pissed apple off somehow and got less stock than the others

Kane
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry Liam I was talking more about how Future Shop also had some of the issues Rogers have. I know that both FS and Rogers don't get it from Apple but from Rogers Warehouse now I'm not sure if Rogers sends it to FS stores or to FS Warehouse then stores but from what I got from FS they have no way to even see it in their systems since its sent out and then it comes from purlator. Though one thing makes no sense how do they not have it in their system for security reasons.. Aka we got the shipment of 10 phones not 20 😛

Rogers it's just plain bad communication all down the line.

- Kane Hart
http://kanehart.com
(Looking for a Job in anything Technology Related working in a Grocery Store at 25 really sucks)

RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi everyone,

As RogersKeith mentioned in a previous post, we expect shipments to come in to our retail locations as quickly as possible. Exact timing will depend on region, but we plan to post inventory updates at the bottom of the RedBoard blog post, located here:

http://redboard.rogers.com/2010/iphone-4-launches-tomorrow-on-rogers

As the RedBoard blog mentions, new shipments of the iPhone 4 will be available in limited supply in some retail locations.

Thanks for being patient, and be sure to check the RedBoard blog and @RogersHelps Twitter account for future updates.

The forums provide a venue where customers can help each other with technical questions related to our products and services. We're going to be flexible with this over the first week as customers get familiar with the community guidelines.

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 23 Likes
  • 13 in conversation