Recurring Log In Problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Recurring Log In Problem

So, my problem seems simple enough on the surface, but most complicated things usually do.  Step by step, I'll walk through what I have to do every time I want to watch a game.

Step 1 - Attempt to log in.  Receive the following message: "Your profile does not appear to have a wireless or internet account associated to it yet."

Step 2 - Confusion, followed by attempting to link my account information.  Receive the following message: "Account already associated to another profile."

Step 3 - Frustration, followed by disconnecting the same service from MyRogers account and reconnecting it.

Step 4 - Finally watch some hockey.

If I log out, I have to repeat steps 1 through 4 every time I want to watch a game.

To answer the obvious question, I only have on MyRogers account, and it IS the same one I use for NHL GameCentre.  It doesn't matter whether I reconnect my account number through the MyRogers service, or through the GameCentre link account page.  Both work... for a limited time.

Between this and the stream lagging out 4 to 5 times during each period of a game, I'm not exactly thrilled with the service.

Thoughts?  Solutions?  Similar experiences?

***Edited Labels.***

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Recurring Log In Problem

Hello @holmanadam ,

If you're still having this issue, try having your password reset by a member of our LiveChat team here. I ran into the same issue myself. Once changed everything lines up 🙂

RogersDarrell

Highlighted
I've Been Around

RogersDarrell, it is not a password issue. I have the exact same problem except that I can't even connect due to - "Your profile does not appear to have a wireless or internet account associated to it yet."
I have an account there and I have been using online billing for the past 4 years.

This service sucks. It's great that I get a "free subscription" that I cannot use. It would be nice if this could have been ironed out in the last 6 months since they've been talking about it and boasting about $5.2 billion dollars bla bla bla..

I'm not even bothered to call and try to sort this out - based on past experience you will get a lot of people who don't know, and transfer you, and when you finally find someone who CAN help you, you end up having to chase a "case number" for months to just resolve it.

I bet it would be working if I paid for it.

So, RogersDarrell, the password issue is just. Ridiculous. Bunk. Balderdash. This is clearly a technical issue. I have changed my password myself twice and it still doesn't work.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same problem but the steps you do to get it working don't work for me. I am still getting the same error message. The only thing that semi-works is when I disassociate the account. Then re-associate through the gamecentre login. It takes me to a screen where I can purchase gamecentre, rather than just giving me an error message and not letting me in. So I guess that is progress. Still no hockey though. Let me know if you get that fixed.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Quick update.

A few days ago I went to LiveChat for assistance with the problem.  They didn't even mention a potential password problem.  So, while they couldn't fix it immediately, it was kicked up the chain for someone more senior to deal with.  A ticket was submitted and I am currently awaiting results.

Sadly, my workaround no longer functions in the meantime.  My bill is still connected to my account, but when I go to view my services, they are no longer visible to me.  I guess asking for assistance means I'm not allowed to watch hockey until they get around to my request.

Gotta say, I wouldn't throw $200 away hoping it would fix this problem.  I'd just expect more frustration.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Same problem and error messages in MyRogers when trying to watch NHL Gamecenter:  "Your profile does not appear to have a wireless or internet account associated to it yet".  I've been with Rogers for years and I can still see my account and billing.  I've reset my password, reset my browser and cookies, tried another computer, tried to re-link my account, removed and re-added my account number and talked to two Livechat agents who could do nothing.  Re-linking the account gives me the error of "Account already associated to another profile."

Now I'm told I could be waiting up to 48 hours to resolve it.

And why, all of a sudden, did it just stop working?  I did talk on the phone to a Rogers agent on an unrelated matter the day before, and I wonder if somehow the agent accidentally changed something.  Whether the reason, I'm not impressed.  First there was problems initially getting the MyRogers to sync with Gamecenter in October, which took a few chats with agents, now, out of the blue, my MyRogers keeps coming up with errors.

Not impressed, Rogers.  You know how many problems I had logging in and watching Gamecenter before Rogers took over?  Zero.  None.  It worked before - how did you screw that up?  You'd think with a 5 billion dollar contract you'd be able to have people actually watch the games.  This is known and recurring problem, Rogers.  Fix it.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I am getting the same errors. Any fix on this yet...can't log on to gamecenter or ps3 or computer. And works on phone to get the link up error. Then leads to account error
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Your profile does not appear to have a wireless or internet account associated to it yet".  I've been with Rogers for years and I can still see my account and billing.  I've reset my password, reset my browser and cookies, tried another computer, tried to re-link my account, removed and re-added my account number and talked to two Livechat agents who could do nothing.  Re-linking the account gives me the error of "Account already associated to another profile."
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Personally, I think Rogers really blew this one. In the past, Rogers used to provide a promo code to customers who had signed up for NHL Center Ice. The promo code allowed customers to register for a free subscription to GameCentre Live through the NHL.com site. This also alleviated all problems for customers who wished to access GameCentre Live through other devices such as smart TVs and smart blu-ray players. For some reason, Rogers has now tied the log-in to GameCentre live to your Rogers user name and password and this has created no end of problems for many customers. Why did they try and re-invent the wheel?
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have talked to Rogers 4-5 times now. And it has happened yet again today.

I login through the standard My Account screen, select NHL Gamecentre and get the message:

Congratulations! You’re now signed in and can enjoy your 2014-15 subscription.

Visit NHL.com or download the app, and sign in using your MyRogers™ login. Please allow a couple of minutes for your account to take effect.

Bookmark the NHL homepage for quick access to Rogers GameCentre LIVE™

To learn more please visit the Getting Started Guide.

START WATCHING NOW!

I then click 'START WATCHING NOW', it goes to Gamecentre, which then asks me to login. Which brings back the message:

Thank you for logging in with your MyRogers™ credentials. Your profile does not appear to have a wireless or internet account linked to it. Please link one of these Rogers accounts to your MyRogers profile or subscribe to Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™. Visit rogers.com/support for more information.

Oi Vey! This the same login I used in the first step.  And on and on we go. On top of this, I am a business customer, and their help line closes at 5pm EST. That's great when you live in Vancouver.