cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings dissapeared Nextbox 3.0

arktoshorsey
I'm Here A Lot

I recorded 4 programs yerserday and I saw they were recording and the red light was on indicating such. But when I went to watch the programs later, they were gone as if they never recorded. Today, I had 8 programs recording I checked to see the red light was on and turned on the box to most of the channels, they all had the REC logo on the info bar at the bottom of the screen. I turned it off and the red light was still on indicating recording. When they had finished and I went to go watch my programs, 7 of the 8 programs were not on my list, they just dissapeared. Is this a hardware issue, do I need to replace the box?

***Edited labels***

182 REPLIES 182

Re: Recordings dissapeared Nextbox 3.0

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sometimes there is a display issue on the box, that may be all it is.

have you rebooted it yet?

Yes, rebooted it but the programs are not their, the green space bar at the bottom indicates nothing addeed to the drive. Originally it started a day before when I tried to end 2 recordings early, andthe box appeared that asked me usually to either stop and save recording or no dont stop, but there was three oprions now, yes to stop and save, stop and delete or no dont stop. And when I selected stop and save, still deleted the program. Had this box for well over a year and never had issues with it.

So it sounds like you got the new update (the latest firmware added that feature).

But it shouldnt have caused stuff to not record/delete 😞

Since its empty.. i would try a factory reset on it.. 
Settings, troubleshooting, then the factory reset option is there

Beyond that.. something with the update may have screwed something up.
If its a rental, i would go swap it.

DragonsOfWine
I'm a Reliable Contributor

We had a similar problem when all of our recordings for Monday disappeared. Just Monday's.

I did the facroy reset and same thing happened. So on Sunday I tried an experiment. I have 2 PVRs a thome one never tried lately to record and the one I use all the time having the issues.

So I decided to use both tho record the exact same things, 7 programs total different channels from different times between1 pm to 730 pm at night. Both PVRs missed the exact same 4 recordings with the exception of 1 that recorded on the rarley used one even though it said when the program was on that it was recording the programs. I thought it was my PVR but it looks like its a problem not at our homes end. All cables leading to the home and in the home are brand new last 6 to 12 months. I think their is an issue with the update or storage servers at Rogers in regards to this update. I never had an issue like this it has happened changes in programing you miss chanles or very rarely miss a show, has happened but ot enough to freak out about, but since Thursday a total of 25 to 28 recorded programs I only had on the box 7 or 8 that were on the memory on 2 PVRs. Think their is a problem here.

Both PVR's are rentals, but, looks like this update is having a negative effect or something else is happening. Can someone their look into this? And teh region I am in is Downtown Toronto.

Happened again tonight, programed only one recording, saw it was recording during the sporting event when it was on, check later to watch it, and its missing. Going tommorow to replace the box, although I am 99% sure its not the box, and see what happens tommorow night. If thisoccurs with a new box how do we go about fising the issue?

What time is the recording going on?

The recordings are happening at different times. It is sporting events from channels 430 to 471 that its happening on. I exchanged the rental PVR for a new PVR rental at 6:00pm and hooked it up. Tonight same thing happened again. 2 programs one on 471 and the other on 454, both at 7:00pm,  and they were recording, I checked and saw that they were and it was on my recordings program list, but as soon as they finished and I went to watch they wree missing again. Is their some corelation between the firmware update and programs on the Super Sports Pack not being able to be recorded? Is Rogers not alowing people to use PVR for those channels? I work 2 jobs and got the PVR and Sports pack so I can watch sporting events when I cant watch live. Its kind of frustrating and if their is no solution, I dont use the cable for anything else, might just have to cancel if it cant be fixed.

My Recordings record on my Nextbox, but do not save or appear in the Recordings List.  This only occurs in the Super Sports Pack.

I returned and replaced my box, but the new one does the same.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Recordings dissapeare​d Nextbox 3.0

surlie
I'm Here A Lot

I have set channel 495 to PVR the Raptors game.  When I check midgame, it shows that it is recording on the screen but not on the box itself.  When the game is over, there is no recording.  Do I need to do something special or can it not be recorded?  This doesn't happen on any other program that I PVR on other channels.  Thanks for any ideas.

I have had the same thing happen trying to pvr the Raptors game on channel 495.  It shows that it is recording on the screen but not on the box itself and there is nothing there afterwards.

neilpalmer400
I'm a Trusted Contributor

On the channels that won't record can you tune to them live and see a picture?

I've had similar issues where programs are scheduled to record and they show under Scheduled Recordings.  The next day they are not in the My Recordings list (sometimes they are STILL showing under Scheduled Recordings with a start time in the past).

SOMETIMES the cause of this is that there is a problem with tuning/receiving the channel.  In my case I've found this quite often on channels like 581 & 582 (West Coast CTV & CBC) that when I try to tune to the channel live you just get a blank screen and no audio.  The PVR tries to record, but at the end of the program time it basically has a recording of nothing, and this gets deleted automatically (not sure whether it deletes it right away or if this happens once each day - overnight). 

Yes, and I can see the game live and the screen shows it recording but it isn't on the pvr when it has finished.  I rebooted and will try the next Raptors game on channel 495 and see if anything has changed.  This happened twice in the last week.

neilpalmer400
I'm a Trusted Contributor

If you have a rental unit I would say watch any recorded programs you want to see then exchange the box.

Two weeks ago i lost 30% of my recordings - down from 60% to 30% (have an extender attached)  This is the second time i've lost a significant percentage of recordings - last time prior was the Sunday after time change.

Tech support thought it might be the extender acting up or a firmware issue.

Next time it happens (and it will!), i'll eliminate the extender from the equation to see if that solves the problem!

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Did you lose half the number of recordings or half the data volume?  Nextbox 3.0 has been compressing recordings to gain disk space.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

trentbaur
I Plan to Stick Around

I've had three separate hockey games not save. This only happens on the NHL Centre Ice feeds, channels 450+. Sportsnet or CBC recordings save correctly. Other shows recording at the same thing save correctly. I've had no other problems with any other channels. It's just the NHL Centre Ice channels and it's been going on for around 2 weeks.

Twice I confirmed that the shows were recording and showed up in the Recordings List. But once the recording finished, they were not saved.

I record both versions of the game so I can watch the Home broadcast. Both versions disappear.

I've confirmed that my NHL Centre Ice works when watching live.

trentbaur
I Plan to Stick Around

Just called Rogers. The guy hadn't heard of the problem but asked his supervisor and learned that it is a known issue and a patch has been developed. He said he would put me on the queue to have it installed on my box and that should happen in ~24 hours. I will be notified with an automated phone call.

The tech did not have a time table on when the fix would be rolled out to the overall subscriber base. That will be at the hands of their Nextbox software release schedule and he had no info on that. So if you want your box to get fixed in the near term, you must call in yourself. Sort of lame, but I would expect the wider fix to be sent out sooner rather than later. (But then again, it's Rogers so they may let this issue hang around for months...)

The other thing that the person said was that my Nextbox 3.0 has software version 5.1.1 so he assumes that's the version with the problem. He intimated that the entire subscriber base may not have been upgraded to 5.1.1. So perhaps they upgrade their subscriber base in waves. This might be another reason to not blast the patch out to all boxes if only 20% of the base has been upgraded to this buggy version.Theoretically, they could stop the rollout, include the fix in a 5.1.2 version and roll that out to people.

Just guessing on the last part...

websurferdude
I Plan to Stick Around

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Did you lose half the number of recordings or half the data volume?  Nextbox 3.0 has been compressing recordings to gain disk space.

I lost random episodes within all the series folders and complete single recordings - both times i lost significant percentages, i was around 50 - 60% of disk capacity. As i said, i also have the extender connected which was used on my previous SA8300HD box and formatted by the Nextbox when i got the new box in August/14.

It is a pain for sure - next time it happens, as i said, i'll remove the extender and see if that was the problem.  Then, if that doesn't work, it will be a factory reset.  Then a replacement of the box...

If that wasn't bad enough, i got the dreaded "out of resources" error last night.  Never had that one up to that point.  Rebooted the box, saw the display show - 2 -, - 3 -, - 4 - then LoaD.  I was then able to playback my recorded programs.  When i turned the TV & box off, the display showed 'dnld' - i don't know if it's the new firmware (5.1.x)  Guess i'll see tomorrow.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@websurferdude wrote:

It is a pain for sure - next time it happens, as i said, i'll remove the extender and see if that was the problem.  Then, if that doesn't work, it will be a factory reset.  Then a replacement of the box...

You do know that if you remove the extender you'll lose all your recordings.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Topic Stats