Recording Conflict

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Recording Conflict

Sometimes when watching a show the PVR will suddenly and unexpectedly change channels to record a show and won't let you back to the show unless you cancel a recording which can cause you to miss some of what you are watching, or cancel something you wanted to see. Is there anyway to prevent this?

***Edited labels***

I'm a Regular

Re: Recording Conflict

Will switching the box and cancelling fix it? And what question are you talking about?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello tmonthy12

Have you tried rebooting the box or exchanging it? Sometimes this may fix it.
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

I think it can only record two shows at once, but it just changes unexpectedly to record, how can you prevent this?

Edit: You spelled my name wrong Smiley Happy

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello tmothy12

Sorry using my phone my bad lol.

You can't prevent this from what I know. I does this to me as well. It will switch to one of the recordings an won't let u switch back unless u cancel the recording. It a lame setting which I hope changes soon. I thought maybe a reboot would work but doesn't. I guess Rogers should fix this as well.

I'm a Regular

You said I can prevent this, but how?

Edit: You changed it. 

Ok, I'll just try not to schedule more than one thing at a time.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello tmothy12

I edit the post. You can't prevent it from happen as i know it. I tried this with 2 8642 HD PVRs right now and the same.
I'm a Regular

Ok Thanks, Bye.

I Plan to Stick Around

it cant be fixed, rogers only allows you to record 2 shows at one time, you can watch a 3rd show that has already been programmed, but not another live show, this is something that rogers cant change, their receivers can only record 2 at a time, and then you cant watch anything else live, rogers needs to get receivers like the competitor has, where you can record up to 4 shows at once....

I'm a Regular

I know, it's just annoying when it suddenly unexpectedly changes and you are caught off guard and have to cancel a recording and miss some of what you were watching.