Recent Galaxy S6 mini Update - Bugged

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Recent Galaxy S6 mini Update - Bugged

The recent mini update (235 ish MB) for the Galaxy S6 that was installed May 18 has caused the task manager and back buttons to stop working.  All was working perfectly prior to this update.  Is there anyway for this update to be rolled back?  I have already checked the power saving settings that were mentioned elsewhere on the net to solve this issue but it didnt change anything.

Do I need to wait until June or longer for v5.1 or am i stuck with a half working phone?

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Recent Galaxy S6 mini Update - Bugged

Hello @mfairhurst

Unfortunately there is no way to revert back to a older update unless u root ur own device under ur own risk. A factory reset on the device should fix the issue but if the issue is still there, visit ur local Rogers store and have them send it out repair.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mfairhurst

Unfortunately there is no way to revert back to a older update unless u root ur own device under ur own risk. A factory reset on the device should fix the issue but if the issue is still there, visit ur local Rogers store and have them send it out repair.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Mfairhurst.. Awesome. Support by Rogers and Samsung eh? Brand new phones and nothing but problems and no support by Rogers for upgrades or anything. Think it's time to switch to Apple. They have done nothing but go downhill since the s4.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I've gone back to my S5 until this gets sorted out.  The S5 has never given me any issues so far.   As the mobility manager for my company I wouldn't go to the Apple product, their support for business has been a nightmare for me and now that they took repair service away from both Rogers and Telus they expect businesses to take the iPhones directly to an Apple store and talk to someone there.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Tdowhan55

Please stay ontopic and don't derail the thread. Thanks!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mfairhurst

I heard the same thing happened with some ATT phones as well. It seems to be a issue going on. Hopefully it gets fixed!