Received Cisco DPC3825 Wireless Router as a gift. Cancel rental and register gift?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Received Cisco DPC3825 Wireless Router as a gift. Cancel rental and register gift?

This is my first post and I don't know much about the subject, so here goes  ... I currently rent a Cisco DPC 3825 from Rogers.  My son is moving overseas and gave me the same model that he bought in Toronto,   Does anybody know the rules for registering a router that you own?  Do you have to buy it from Rogers, or can you register one that's given to you, or that you buy somewhere else?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Received Cisco DPC3825 Wireless Router as a gift. Cancel rental and register gift?

As long as the serial number is registered in the Rogers database, you should not have any problems! Your son of course would have to ensure that his modem has been deactivated on his account. Once deactivated by your son, you should be able to activate it on your account and then return your rental unit!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Received Cisco DPC3825 Wireless Router as a gift. Cancel rental and register gift?

As long as the serial number is registered in the Rogers database, you should not have any problems! Your son of course would have to ensure that his modem has been deactivated on his account. Once deactivated by your son, you should be able to activate it on your account and then return your rental unit!

View solution in original post