Reaching my data allowance but no text received

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdiolakis
I've Been Here Awhile

Reaching my data allowance but no text received

Hello. I have a data plan but I never receive text messages when I am nearing my allowance and I am constantly going over my limit. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thank you very much!

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
RogersDarrell
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Reaching my data allowance but no text received

@jdiolakis SMS notifications for data usage ceased for any plan older than August 2011. All plans afterwards must view usage from either the Rogers MyAcct. app or from your MyRogers profile online.

RogersDarrell

View solution in original post

All Replies
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Is this for cellular? Or for home Internet?

You won't receive a text for your home Internet usage.

jdiolakis
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for your reply. It is for cellular.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jdiolakis

You don't get a text message telling you that you went over. That is only if they add it on ur account and even then i haven't heard of it really.

The only way you can really look at your data is if u download the My Rogers app and if u have a android or iPhone they have a section in the settings which tells u which app uses the most data and how much data u have used.

RogersDarrell
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jdiolakis SMS notifications for data usage ceased for any plan older than August 2011. All plans afterwards must view usage from either the Rogers MyAcct. app or from your MyRogers profile online.

RogersDarrell

View solution in original post

reezer
I've Been Here Awhile

On my corporate Rogers phone I get a text when I get to 80% of my data usage for the month. I don't get the text with my personal account. How do I get the notifications turned on for the personal account. I can't find an option in MyRogers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello reezer

Unfortunately Rogers stopped this a few years ago. So there is no text warning to let you know when i went over ur data ur data warning.

You can always use My Rogers app and view ut data.

reezer
I've Been Here Awhile

That's strange because I still get the messeges on my work phone and it is also Rogers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello reezer

That is because corporate and business accounts still use this feature and also have features that regular customers accounts don't get and vise versa.

So with regular customer accounts, you won't be able to get them.  SMS notifications for data usage ceased for any plan older than August 2011. Anything after that date you will either need to use My Rogers app vis your phone to monitor your data usage or some phones have a built in Usage app in the settings.