Re: So much for Rogers $0.01 smart phone offer

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Downtownuser
I've Been Here Awhile

The promotion is still ongoing - it ends today.  I placed my call within the specified period of the offer - the term contract i signed represents $4,140 worth of wireless business.  I expected the conversation to go like:  "thank you for your continued business sir.  I'm sorry that we don't have the phone we are offering at this price in stock but we will gladly arrange for you to get one once it becomes available".  Instead of: " if you call enough Rogers stores and find one that has one, you can rush down and get it before our offer ends".  I don't consider this a valid promotional offer and it basically tells me that Rogers doesn't care about me or customer service.

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I got this deal about 3 weeks ago. Yea i noticed when i called in they are acting rude and selfish.they would not wanted me to have a plan like that or anything but once i told them i want to leave and go to Fido and i have my visa ready to pay that is when they gave it too me. Mind you i was on the phone fighting with them for 1 & half hours.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Downtownuser
I've Been Here Awhile

So much for Rogers $0.01 smart phone offer

I just renewed a 3 year contract and was told i'm eligible for an upgrade.  When i tried to get my $0.01 Samsung Galaxy Infuse today i was told that they're out of stock and I'm out of luck so they won't honour the promotion.  I'm free to hunt the GTA for a store where they're sold.  If you are renewing your contract make sure your device is in stock first.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

They only offer the promition till the day it ends. They also honnor the promotiom for the phones that are only 0.01 cents.. read the small prints. Rogers doesnt suck but maybe like you said go hunt down a store that has one and get one for that price...
Downtownuser
I've Been Here Awhile

An update.  After being told the Infuse deal was not going to happen, I put an order in for the Samsung Galaxy S2 – price unknown at that time; I presumed it was going to be in the $149 range. Soon enough Rogers sent me a message that the phone would be available for pick up (sending not an option) within a few days.  Meanwhile I had emailed a complaint to Rogersand got a reply that they were sorry that I had gotten unsatisfactory service and that they would get back to me.  I replied that I had received notice that the Samsung S2 had come in and perhaps they could give me a break on the price.  I thought this would be an opportunity for Rogers to make nice with me;   their website had the phone priced at $179.  Instead I got a message back saying that that offer was only valid for new customers and that the phone would cost me $249.  When I returned a message saying that I would be canceling my service, their final reply was that canceling had to be done by phone and at they were sorry to see me go.  When I called to cancel  the agent offered me the phone of my choice at no charge shipped to my home if I remained a customer.  An hour later I was in aBellstore, signed a plan with the same terms as Rogers for $30 less and got a Samsung Galaxy S2 for $99.  Goodbye Rogers.  

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Have fun with Bell. Remember tho when you run into problems with them do not say " Rogers is better or blah blah blah" You picked to go to Bell because of the phone & a less plan. REMEMBER every single carrier will try one way or another to get your money or keep you.
johnnycash
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Have fun with Bell. Remember tho when you run into problems with them do not say " Rogers is better or blah blah blah" You picked to go to Bell because of the phone & a less plan. REMEMBER every single carrier will try one way or another to get your money or keep you.

Are you familiar with the state of Rogers retention offers as of late?

Some Bell's in market plans are better than what Retentions is offering. 

Bell had a 500 Minute, 5GB plan for $55 available to all. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I do believe me. I get 400 mins, Unlimited texting around the world, My10 Canada wide, 6GB of data + call display, name display & voicemail && after 5pm for only $62

You can always show the Rogers rep that plan & they will price match it. Rogers does that but you need to be more aggressive with them.

Also the 500 mins, 5GB does that only included that? Because that plan really sucks if that only includeds that & nothing else.

CP100
I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure how you got all that for $62 but can i have some MeowMix? Particularly the data? 😉

So, FutureShop has it on now for $99 (with $50 rebate you have to fight to get reimbursed for I presume), what are the chances I can go in and actually get that price without being told "sorry new activations only and you're still on contract" even if I know there is currently no charge for a hardware upgrade on my account?

How are retailers promotions different from Rogers own promos?
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I have been with Rogers for more then 6 years. I just complained & said i was going to take my service to Fido ( seeing as Fido is owned by Rogers) They offered me this plan.

Future Shop, Best Buy, Wireless Wave Make their own prices. They make their own commission from selling new activations for less.

You need to talk to Future shop & see if they will be nice enough to do it for you. Last time i did that i did not pay anything + i got 25$ credit in store.
halo240sx
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a similar plan to Meomix from Rogers:

200 min, 2500 txt message, call display, voice-mail, 6 gb, unlimited incoming minutes, night+we 6pm for 60.75$/mo.

You can negociate your plan, but you cannot be too greedy.