Re: Froyo (2.2) on Captivate

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eskimo81
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the tips.  I think instead of worrying about warranty issues with rooting I'll just ignore the garbage apps for now.

Thanks for the tips though, I'll hold off for now.

animaloc
I'm Here A Lot

I am not a tech person so I think I might wait until the next update, I don't want to run into problems as most of you have had with your phones during anf after the upgrade.

Any idea when the new version will be available? I'd like to be able to use skype on my Captivate...

rolibolibo
I've Been Around

Hi all,

Dunno if this is place to post but here I go..

Whenever I enter a number, it enters the number twice.  Say for example for the number '2'.  I touch and hold the W key (w/ the number two on top) and wait for the alternate number/symbol to pop up.  After touching '2', the display shows '22'.

What's wrong here?  I tried to google for a solution but i guess i'm phrasing my question/query wrong.  Hope i'm not unclear here.

Thanks in advance

BuckMacklin
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I have the same thing happening.   You should start a new thread about it.

shust82
I Plan to Stick Around

Your talking about in your phone dialer screen, right? Thats what it's supposed to do. Each number represents a tone, and to make it easier for people to remember telephone numbers, they have assigned letters to number (2=abc, 5=jkl, etc), but you cant dial a letter.  To actually enter a letter would change the number you are calling.  It may send a text, it may go into a dialer hash code.  Mine is the same way.

wiki

BuckMacklin

No, not the phone dialer screen.  The keyboard.  When you look at the qwerty keyboard... q has a small 1 above it.  w has a small 2 etc.

If you want to type the number, you can either press the ?123 at the bottom left, OR hold down the q (for example) to type the number 1.   When you do hold on the q up pops a "1 Q x".  Select the Q on that popup, and you get a capital Q.  press the 1 and you get 11.

Weird.

titaniumboy
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Email errors

Using the Samsung Galaxy S with Android 2.2

I have just received an email from a friend. When i clicked on the email to read it the body of the email was an email i received Jan 14 from someone else! I replied to the email and was able to see the content of my friends email that he sent today (The Jan 14 email was not attached to my reply). I replied and he sent back a reply. When i clicked on that reply there was another email from a few days ago attache dto it. Most confusing this is!

This is a big problem - if someone at Rogers is watching please wiegh in on this immediately.

BuckMacklin

You might want to add which email program you are using.  Also how is it set up, IMAP?  SMTP?

titaniumboy
I've Been Here Awhile

yahoo.com

IMAP set up

Thanks

Mathieu
I'm a Trusted Contributor

You can always try the open-source and free app K9 Mail.
It's a very powerful email app based on the default Email app of Android. I never had an issue with this app.
Android Market link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.fsck.k9