northy
I Plan to Stick Around

ok Rogers,, times up,, where the . is this update,,, losing faith here,,

***edited labels***

241 REPLIES 241

BUG?? One more thing about the bluetooth dialer

psyfactor
I'm Here A Lot

As I wrote in a few posts earlier about the poor performance of the new bluetooth voice dialer. It doesn't recognized any commands issued throught the bluetooth headset yet the same commandes work with the  voice dialer throught the internal mic (same software). Now, I just install Vlingo just to test this and to my surprise, Vlingo suffers the same problem. Then, I noticed that no voice data is routed to the bluetooth headset when using voice commands. That means the software on the phone waits for the voice commands throught the headset but nothing comes. I think there's a bug which prevents the voice input to be routed throught the bluetooth headset in voice command mode. It works only in phone mode... Man Mad 

Re: Froyo (2.2) on Captivate

kj2112
I've Been Around

I am glad some of you are enjoying 2.2..........myself, I am stuck still on conecting to device in Kies 1.5.3 hanging forever, I have spent 6 hours looking thru the web for fixes, done a bunch of stuff, and still back where I started.  And I know my stuff when it comes to phones and pc's.  Kies just doesn't wanna see my phone.  It does see it in media mode, but it says I have to go into kies mode, whatever that is.

I have tried every walk through and fix I can find on the web, and 6 hours later nothing.

Extremely ticked off...and just got my phone 3 days ago, so may just return it!  My wifes iphone was about 3 mouse clicks and her O/S was updated!!!!  

Rogers and Samsung have really made a mess!

BuckMacklin
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Ok, lets go step by step.

Are you using the USB cable that came with the captivate?

When you plug it in do you see on the captivate screen a menu that allows you to select Keis mode?

Also shut off bluetooth when you do this.

okcoocoo
I've Been Here Awhile

BGrant
I Plan to Stick Around

The proximity bug is horrible.  They need to fix it right away, and the code to fix it exists because it's been addressed in Gingerbread.