Re: Froyo (2.2) on Captivate

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrKos
I've Been Around

To be safe should i/we wait for a link or anouncement on the Rogers website before updating to 2.2 with my Galaxy S? What are the odds that the Rogers firmware upgrade could be different from the one on the Samsung website under Kies? Would it be safer to wait until "official" confirmation from Rogers?
fotomickey
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi  MrKos

I recommend to wait for a week or so & if no news from Roger, start posting here & FB  Samsung group to get Rogers respond or comment.    If the upgrade fail on you,  Roger may refuse to deal with your problem & make you deal with Samsung direct.

Captative 2.1  does have some USB connection issue (in my case) PC & some minor Kies bug. After 2.2 upgrade  USB connection  seem to recognize right-away on pc .  I hope Samsung can patch the USB code on the phone 1ST .... it may smooth-out some upgrade issue everyone experience with ...when they release  "OFFICIALLY" with Rogers.

Good luck everyone who choose to immeidate upgrade

Dennishwc
I'm Here A Lot

Yeah I would wait too. My phone is running great now with froyo (Less lag, no glitch when i open the gallery) BUT im having the google location service problem that a lot of people with froyo have been having. So yeah i would wait until they fix everything and release an official update

Maniccupcake
I'm Here A Lot

for the life of me I cannot get my phone to connecto Kies. I'm ready to throw my phone across the room 😞

I have the latest version of Kies..tried debugging mode and download mode 😞

kornakmf
I've Been Here Awhile

You did try and do the driver recovery in the Kies menu?
Maniccupcake
I'm Here A Lot

It doesnt list my phone when I select the firmware recovery.

I've reinstalled the drivers a few times, doesn't make a difference.

kornakmf
I've Been Here Awhile

I had a unlocked Vibrant and it bricked itself a day after installing Froyo.  Had to take it back to Bell and am still waiting to get it back.  It has been 4 weeks.

Anyways, after I upgraded, many of my purchased apps no longer came up when I searched for them.   

Are you able to get at your purchased apps in the app store?

Now I have a captivate and am hoping to do the upgrade.

Can you do me a favor and go into the app store and search for "SlingPlayer".

Does the app store return SingPlayer Mobile?

Another app that I was missing was GolfShot.

Thanks

Derrick
I've Been Here Awhile

@Maniccupcake wrote:

for the life of me I cannot get my phone to connecto Kies. I'm ready to throw my phone across the room 😞

I have the latest version of Kies..tried debugging mode and download mode 😞

You need to have version 1.5.3

Derrick
I've Been Here Awhile

I thought I bricked my phone after I updated. I was stuck on the galaxy s screen and then it would go black. I was reading about how to fix it and someone said they had to send their phone away for 6 weeks to samsung for them to fix it. Thankfully when I was on the phone to rogers I found that you just have to delete the user data in the boot menu and it was good to go. My battery life is amazing now. I would sometimes have to charge this phone 3 times a day. Yesterday it went from 6:30 am to 10:30 pm. They should have shipped this phone with 2.2. Also there is no time stamp issue with the text message anymore. 2.2 has turned this phone into something awesome.

Maniccupcake
I'm Here A Lot

how do I get that version?