Re: Froyo (2.2) on Captivate

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fotomickey
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, better be this week or next !!

Since  it was orignal said  Mid-Dec & many  Rogers dealers have been promoting base on 2.2 Galaxy thru out the Christmas Rush

I can only see Angry customer on the rise with any  further delays or non-delivery

ncrossley
I'm Here A Lot

How exciting, I bet we get another day and no update!
Maybe it's time to hire some propper developers to get this thing rolling.

fotomickey
I Plan to Stick Around

Without 2.2 , Captivate  is  consider obsolute (or at least below-standard)

Here is latest survey on  Android OS

http://www.androidcentral.com/google-froyo-now-half-all-android-devices?utm_source=feedburner&utm_me...

joesmack
I've Been Here Awhile

Honestly, I want Froyo as bad or worse than anybody here.... But as a developer, I know that we are often pressured into saying that it will be ready sooner than we want to.  And when it comes down to it, I would rather have a stable 2.1 than a buggy 2.2.

What people don't realize is that they could have released it mid-December, but made a wise decision not to because the number of upset customers would be 100x larger than the number of people who are complaining about no Froyo.

Froyo could still be glitchy when we get it, but hopefully they give it to us in a state that doesn't turn off mid-call, lose GPS or worst of all brick everybody's phone.

northy
I Plan to Stick Around

i agree with the above post to a point,,,

and the point being,, there are guys out there that have created excellent 2.2 roms, that have corrected issues,that make the phone lightning fast,, and extremly stable,,,

so my question is, if it can be done as we see it done,,, why cant it be done by rogers and samsung,,

custom 2,3 is going to be alive before we ever see a rogers 2.2...

makes no sense,, does it,,???

nimbusgti
I've Been Here Awhile

I just want a real update. Some sort of time frame. But as usual rogers just feeds us the same line over and over again. Somebody must know something.
ptaylorsjr
I've Been Around

Just updated to Froyo via Kies - took a while to reboot, but I now have Froyo Smiley Happy

fotomickey
I Plan to Stick Around

Really !?

Did  Roger  finally release 2.2 ?

caldigital
I Plan to Stick Around

Kies detected an upgrade for mine as well, downloaded and update in progress... fingers crossed!

fotomickey
I Plan to Stick Around

Please let us know your experience after upgrade

Thanks