Random disconnects for a second or two

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Random disconnects for a second or two

Hi, I recently upgraded to the ignite 100U package and with it I got the new rocket modem (CGN3ACSMR), but since switching I am getting frequent disconnects/timeouts. My speedtests still give me the 100/10 speeds and my ping is alright, but when I am gaming (hearthstone for example) I will disconnect every few mins and even if I am just using skype I will disconnect or my messages take several seconds to be sent.

I have tried wired, wireless, laptop, desktop and even phones. They all seem to be having this problem of disconnecting for really short periods of times.

I am also not using a router just the modem

***Edit Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Random disconnects for a second or two

Can you log into the modem, and on the Status page that comes up, check the software version.  It is probably version 4.4.8.14.  This version is problematic for online gaming, VOIP devices, VPNs and generally any other latency intolerant application.  This has been replaced by version 4.5.8.16.  It takes 48 to 72 hours to update the modem to this version.  If that does not happen in 72 hours, a private message can be sent to @CommunityHelps to push the update.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Can you log into the modem, and on the Status page that comes up, check the software version.  It is probably version 4.4.8.14.  This version is problematic for online gaming, VOIP devices, VPNs and generally any other latency intolerant application.  This has been replaced by version 4.5.8.16.  It takes 48 to 72 hours to update the modem to this version.  If that does not happen in 72 hours, a private message can be sent to @CommunityHelps to push the update.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

ah okay, I see 4.4.8.14, its only been a day and a half I guess I'll wait another day hopefully it'll fix it.