Random Really Slow speeds

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eats7
I'm Here A Lot

Random Really Slow speeds

after upgrading to the 25 down/unlimited offer, the speed often fluctuates from 25.00 mbps down to approx 0.01 - 3.00 mbps down. it does this many times per day and is unnacceptable. does anyone else have this problem?

***Edited Labels.***

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Random Really Slow speeds

We would need a little more info.

Were you on an old modem before, and now switched to their all in one gateway? And are you using the wireless on it?
Or did you just do the plan change?

I am currently on the express 25mb plan, and added the unlimited on thurs or so, and have not had an issue.

I only ask about the hardware change as that can be a cause if you use the built in wireless sometimes 😞

eats7
I'm Here A Lot

Yes, we switched out to the hitron modem. ( model number CGN2-ROG) I have been  using the wireless on it, and havent had a problem with disconnects from the gateway. I'm under the impression that speed tests online measure the speed up until the gateway. Also have just gone wired up to it and my speed is at 1.00 mbps down as per speedtest.net. I have tried different servers. it has been hovering around this speed for the last few hours and has been randomly hitting this speed for the last week or so since we've installed the modem and upgraded the service. 

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I havent heard of many dropout issues with the hitron.. but some speed issues with the wirless on it.

But if you have dont wired.. then something else is up.