ROGERS advertising on Cable

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

ROGERS advertising on Cable

Is anyone as sick of the flooding of Rogers commercials over the past 6+ months?

I am so sick of seeing Rogers cutting other commercials and inserting their commercial floods.

I am tired of paying dearly for the service Rogers offers but watching more and more Netflix as of all the channels I pay for, I can't find anything worth watching.  Reality TV after reality TV.  Like REALITY really exists on TV.

There comes a time when TOO MUCH of anything works against you.  ROGERS has hit this point with me with

their commercials.

Nothing has brought me closer to Bell Satelite as this has.

****Edited Labels****

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: ROGERS advertising on Cable

It all comes down to the channels you watch. I see more bell commercials, but I watch more bell network channels.
Bell channels spam it just as much.

I'm Here A Lot

lol..I wish. My wife and I spend a lot of time at her mothers due to her age and health.  She has Bell TV.

Trust me...no comparison. 

Bell doesn't flood the TV with as many commercials as Rogers does.  Nor have I ever seen them

start a commercial and 5 seconds into it...switch to their own commercial.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have never seen a Rogers commercial either do that. But again, may be the channels we watch.
My understanding is that Rogers can't just do this of their own free will wherever they want, as the commercials have paid for their stuff to be aired. Rogers has to pay or get permission to put theirs over.

I'm Here A Lot

Never? Incredible. Are you on Rogers?

I am watching ch55 atm, The Ghost and Mr. Chicken.

Several times now a commercial started and 4-5 seconds into it...it stopped and switched to a Rogers Home Security, followed immediately by the same Rogers Home Security commercial.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Around 4-5 times a day I see them but not as often anymore. Usually every company does this so I do not even care anymore.

I noticed it as we'll when there is another commercial, Rogers will switch it to theirs.
I'm Here A Lot

I got an answer on this today.   According to a Rogers rep, they do it when there is an American commercial on.

They intercept the U.S. commercial and play a Rogers commercial.

Grrrr....

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have seen Rogers commercials, but I have never seen another comercial start then the Rogers cut over it, no. But again, I may not watch the channels they do this on.

I've Been Around

It continues... Try CNN on Rogers cable... Or should I say The Rogers Commercial channel with a bit of CNN mixed in. I am totally fed up with this practice. Another thing the CRTC should stop.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

The CRTC would not intervene in what is called signal switching for ads. It is not part of their mandated. Ads, in most cases are regulated by the Canadian Broadcast Act.

Since individual networks, ie. CBC CTV. Global, etc. pay for the rights to shows they recoup part of their cost by selling advertising. In Canada it only makes sense that they would buy Canadian advertisements to Show to Canadians. I would assume that the channel owners you are complaining about have purchased Rogers ads to insert in place of the American ads that would be of little economic benefit to Canadians or our economy.

In short if you don't like the Rogers ads, mute them.