ROGERS HURRY UP! Update Samsung devices with Ice Cream Sandwich already!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

ROGERS HURRY UP! Update Samsung devices with Ice Cream Sandwich already!

This long wait/no information from Rogers is getting pathetic! I have been considering buying a Samsung Galaxy S III from Rogers because I already own a Galaxy S and a Galaxy Tab 10.1. Samsung Canada has already announced in May that they have pushed out the update for the Tab as well as many other Samsung offerings to Canadian carriers. If Rogers does not give us official information about ICS and push out an update soon, I will be switching carriers to one that actually gives updates to its customers in a timely manner and suggest you do too. If you are fed up with waiting, please reply to this thread and tell Rogers that you are dissatisfied with their service.

*EDIT - Title fixed so that it does not give people false hope that the update is available.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: ROGERS! Update Samsung devices with Ice Cream Sandwich already!

Ugh, the title got cut off so I thought this thread was announcing that ICS was out for Samsung devices.

They've heard us loud and clear that we're not happy being left in the dark about ICS. There's already two or three long threads. They just aren't listening.

I'm Here A Lot

Just making sure they know there is outrage for more than the SII LTE owners. Sorry about the confusion with the title, I fixed it!

P.S. Rogers hates their customers.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

I understand you are upset and all seeing as i am upset my S 2 LTE has not gotten the ICS updatebut why can u NOT post it in one of the other 10 threads made about the same topic? Honestly i am tired of seeing people make a thread already made about the same topic. Please next time post the comment in the other thread already made.
I'm Here A Lot

Because there is no thread mentioning all samsung devices, and non that I can find for the Tab 10.1. When you search Google, you are brought to the thread about the SII, not to mention it is the first thread in this list. I do not want to go through hundreds of pages in a subject not about my device to hopefully find mention of it too. This is a generalization thread, and seriously, wouldn't you agree that the more threads created about how people are unhappy about not receiving ICS from Rogers, the better? Or would you rather take a more passive approach because it is filling up your favorite message board with posts?

I pay more than enough to Rogers every month to have the right to start my own thread to show how dissatisfied I am with them.

I'm Here A Lot

Re: ROGERS HURRY UP! Update Samsung devices with Ice Cream Sandwich already!

I completely agree with you.. Everyone has the right to post whatever they want and voice their discontent

I posted a while ago talking about the Galaxy Tab 10.1, check this out http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Android/thread-id/9573

That doesn't mean you can't start another thread as long as Rogers keep ignoring us like they've done nothing wrong

I will most likely leave Rogers for another carrier together with my whole family once my contract ends and I'm saying most likely not definitely is that the only thing that'll keep me is for Rogers to change their policy while I'm under contract

The problem is that Rogers know how unhappy their customers are and heard the discontent loud and clear but choose to ignore us.. They keep forgetting that all they have is their customers and once that's gone, they have nothing and this goes for all the carriers, not just Rogers
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you, and I couldn't have said it better. I know a lot of people who recommend Bell because they give better service.

Retired Moderator Rogers_Kelly
Retired Moderator

Hi all,

Kelly here with the social media team at Rogers -

Just want to assure everyone that we are well aware of the demand for this update, and truly get where you're all coming from. We DO care, which is why we're taking the time to respond to each and every person inquiring, with what little info has been made available to us. We're not withholding info, and are in fact following up on a daily basis for a status update.

As soon as we get confirmation on anything, we will be posting ASAP to our Twitter @RogersBuzz. Thank you for your continued patience everyone, hoping to have an update shortly.

Cheers,

@Rogers_Kelly

I Plan to Stick Around

"We DO care, which is why we're taking the time to respond to each and every person inquiring,"

Seriously?  I've seen at least a hundred posts over various threads over several weeks wthout a single reply from your Social Media team.  Were you guys calling people at home?  I didn't get a call...

What little information has been made available to you?  Because no matter how little, it certainly more than what you've made available to us.   Otherwise, even this post is moot because it basically says, "Yes we see how irritated you guys are, but we still aren't going to give you any information..."

I've Been Here Awhile

@Kelly,

How is it that you don't have an estimate?  You must have project managers that work with I.T. to develop estimates and budgets before starting a project like testing Rogers apps with ICS update.  If Rogers isn't holding information back then does that mean this work hasn't even been evaluated yet?  Not started?

Why is it companies can never just give us straight talk.  Always spin.  It's likely the reality is that Rogers has estimates but is afraid of backlash if they release a date and don't meet it.  Why not say that?  Or 'pad' your estimate?  Double it??  Just give a fricking date so people have an IDEA.  Instead you expect us to believe you have no idea like we're **bleep**.  I would at least appreciate an honest answer "We don't want to release the date" as opposed to obvious BS.

Its discouraging imagining you don't even have an estimate when other telcos have already released their updates.  What good is a smartphone if the OS is always going to be 6 months out of date?

This will be a serious consideration when I choose my next phone.

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats