cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROGERS FIX YOUR GUIDE!

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

My daughter just called me asking if the Bones episode on Global at 9:00 was a new one.  I have it set to record all first run episodes and it wasn't recording because the Rogers Guide does not say "New". Turns out it IS a new episode, the season 11 premier. it says so on Zap2it and Epguides. Fortunately, I can record it in HD on Global Vancouver at midnight.

Wake up Rogers! Maybe it's time you switched to a more reliable TV listings provider, and while you're at it, get one that provided season and episode numbers.

***Edited Labels***

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
54 REPLIES 54

Re: ROGERS FIX YOUR GUIDE!

mfait
I'm a Reliable Contributor

For the most part, the shows I watch have been flagged correctly.

While on the subject of the GUIDE, here in Ottawa we were supposed to get the new NAVIGATR guide in early August.  Now, 2 months later, still hasn't happened.  I think the outcry with all the issues from the people that got it, delayed deployment until they coud fix it.

I get the impression a lot of people are leaving Rogers.  In the spring I was looking at adding a used 4642HD box to my account and could only see 2-3 available on Kijiji.   Now there are almost 20, many with comments "have left Rogers and don't need them anymore".

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor
thanks for starting this thread. I see I have missed at least two season premieres. I wonder if there were others??? I guess I'm going to have to start use Zap2 it on a more regular basis.

Pity because I usually set up my recordings for the next day while watching the night time news. I know can do two things at once now will have to see if I can do three.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

That is where the Rogers Guide can be improved.  It only shows 6 days, wheras the programming is available for 14 days on Zap2it, for example. It's frustrating to watch a show and not be able to schedule next week's episode until the next day.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

billmcintyre
I'm a Trusted Contributor

This is ANOTHER item that suggests the person at Rogers who actually makes the decisions about how the PVR interface works never actually USES a PVR in real life. (I'm sorry - some of you will be tired of hearing me gripe about this.)

It would be such a tiny bit more work for Rogers to give us TV listings for 8 days, and then, when you discover a TV program that you want to start recording weekly, you will have the listings for that show next week available for you to select it to record the Series.   (I agree with Oldyellr that it is just way to likely that if you have to wait until the next day to set up a recording for a show you discover to record the same day next week - that you are very LIKELY to forget about it when tomorrow arrives.)

And again, I suggest, that Rogers DOESN'T WANT TO give us a PVR that gives us the power to watch programs when WE want to.   Rogers loses money if we have the POWER to simply select what we want to watch and record it - and thus, avoid being COERCED into watching commercials.

Oh - and Rogers, if you are listening, there are a few shows that play only once a month.  I'm sure you don't give a hoot about adding useful features, but for those reading this who might, maybe, design a better PVR, it would be nice to occasionally be able to set recording for shows that happen just once a month.  An option for this in the Series Recording settings would be nice (although it is something that might be hidden from the average user, but just made visible if you choose to have more control over your PVR, by selection the Power User option to let you customize your PVR more to your liking.)

roxandtreez
I'm a Senior Contributor

Reporting a problem from the Navigatr thread.

All next week at midnight on channel 8 The Daily Show with Trevor Noah does not show as new episodes.  Zap2it says they are new.

Similarly on channel 44 at 11:00 PM, Guide shows The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.  Zap2it shows the same as for channel 8 - Trevor Noah.